※13※

For the past hour, Reeha is sitting in a cafe drinking only a cup of coffee which obviously was finished a long time ago. She wants to stay here in this air-conditioned café and hide from her father until Ayyan comes. But the waitress is already making little impatient noises and emphatically checking her watch. She will be kicked out soon. And that means short of wandering the streets like a mad person.She called Ayyan like 20 times and at last, being annoyed he switched off his phone.

Last night Reeha's parents were so angry that they literally grounded her from going outside. And while explaining why she was late last night unfortunately she slipped Ayyan's name making them more furious. So today she kinda ran from her house before any of her parents could catch her and was waiting in this cafe which isn't far from her house. If her mother or father found her then it's finished. She will be dead meat.

Being impatient she was about to go out when she got Ayyan's message.

"I'm outside. Come out."

Instantly she ran towards his car and then sat inside.
"Why are you so late?"
Reeha asked.

"I'm not late. You're early and why did you sit in my car? Get out and take a cab."

"Why cab? Didn't you come to pick me up?"

"Yes because you called me literally like 20 times. And messaged that your parents are killing you. But now I can see that you are completely fit and fine. Such a liar you are."

"I never lied. They'll exactly do that if they catch me. And see I am already inside the car so please drive. Moreover, the cab driver takes a lot of money. And what are friends for right?" She said, giving him the most innocent smile.

Narrowing his eyes at her, he said,
"We are not friends. So get out before I make you."

"Please. Don't make me leave. Please. Pretty please. With cherry on the top."

He looked at her for some seconds and then drifting his eyes started the engine muttering,
" You're annoying."

"I have heard that and thank you, my friend."

"I'm not your friend." He replied grumpily, making her smile.

☆☆☆☆☆

After reaching there, they had to wait for the detective for a couple of minutes. The detective came with a couple of footage and some files. In the file, the places were blood traces where found were marked.

Sitting inside the car the detective said,
"This footage covered the highway."
And then clicking the mouse started playing the video.

Fawad's car suddenly stopped at around 1:50 a.m. He came out of the car and was looking at something or someone shocked. But as that thing or the person was in a blind spot so they can't be seen. A few seconds later he went inside the car, took a water bottle, and then again went to that place. But then never came back nor any other person came.

"My brother went to that place with water to help Ayana. He said it in court." Reeha exclaimed.

"How can you be sure? It's a blind place so we don't know what actually happened. And according to your brother, he fainted as someone pressed chloroform on his mouth. But..." The detective started saying.

"But if someone actually did it then they need to come behind him. But the footage clearly shows that nothing such happened." Ayyan concluded.

"Exactly."

"Maybe it's fabricated."
Reeha tried reasoning.

"No. It's the actual footage."
Detective said.

"What about the other cameras?" Ayyan asked.

"They don't flim the spot."

"Any other car or person that crossed the place but didn't come out?"

"Nothing such happened."

"Where was the watch found?"

The detective leads the way to a gap in the tree line.
"It was here."
There was a pocket of eerie silence as invisible birds were momentarily stilled by the sound of his voice.

"Let's go."
Ayyan voiced out. Reeha looked at him confused. They didn't examine the place and here he wants to go.

"But we didn't even..."
Reeha started saying but was cut by Ayyan.

"Let's get out of here."
Then looking at the detective he said,
"Thanks for letting us in. But we won't be accompanying you anymore." Saying this Ayyan started to walk away ignoring Reeha.

"What? What are you saying? Ayyan. Ayyan wait."
Reeha holds his hand.
"What do you mean by this? Look don't give up this soon."

Ayyan looked at her. His eyes were bloodshot angry.
"I should have known. I shouldn't have trusted your words."

"What are you saying?"

"I have wasted my time searching for non-existent things. Can't you see every damn evidence is against your brother? Not a single thing is there to prove your words. Your brother is the main culprit. He is the one who is responsible for my sister's condition. And I like stupid believed you."
Ayyan somehow controlled himself from shouting.

"STOP. STOP IT. STOP SAYING THAT MY BROTHER IS A CULPRIT. HE IS NOT A CULPRIT. HE IS INNOCENT."
Reeha screamed crying.

"Do you think by screaming the truth will be changed? No, it won't be changed. And I personally will make sure that your brother will rot in jail." Ayyan said with a fire in his eyes. Fire to get revenge on the injustice that happened with his sister.

Cleaning the tears hastily Reeha said
"And I promise I will prove that my brother is not the culprit. He is innocent and he is being framed. I'll prove it with or without your help."
And then she walked away from him without seeing the direction.

☆☆☆☆☆

Hope you enjoyed reading. Please vote and comment. Thank you.❤❤