※10※

"Talk."

Sitting on the couch Reeha started,
"Come on. Is this how you treat your guest? Ask me if I want something or not."

"Shut up. Stop wasting my time and say whatever you want to say. Then get out." Ayyan said, getting irritated.

"Excuse me. Wasting time? I'm wasting your time? What about your brother? Didn't he waste our time? The case time? I must say I have never seen such a shrewd person as your brother. Faking the evidence and appointing the double-faced lawyer. That's how I guess he became such a famous businessman.'

"Mind your language. If you are here to insult my brother then get out."

"Listen to this." Reeha started playing a recording.

                            ☆☆☆☆☆

"What will I get if I lie?"

"Name any amount. I'll transfer it to your account." Rayyan stated.

"What if I get caught?"

"You won't. The prosecutor is on our side. Just make sure to say that Mr. Rawa threatened you to testify falsely."

"Ok."

                             ☆☆☆☆☆

"What is this?"

"One voice is of your brother and the other is of that fake witness."

"It's fake."

"Really? Then what about these?"
She displayed the screenshots of the messages exchanged between Rayyan and the lawyer, Mr. Rahman.
"This definitely isn't fake. The lawyer himself gave this to me.

Ayyan was about to touch her phone when she withdrew it from his sight.
"No, no. Not so easily."

"Why are you telling me all this? You could have given all this in the court. Then why are you telling me? Or should I ask what do you want from me?"

"I like how quickly you catch things. Back to your question. What do I want? Simple. You are doing self-investigation with the police, right? I want to be a part of it."

"What made you think that I will say yes? These few stupid pieces of evidence. You know what get out and take these stupid things with you. Do whatever you want. But I won't let you accompany me."

Reeha didn't expect Ayyan to be like this. She wanted to investigate herself but she was not permitted to enter the crime scene. So she wanted to accompany him. He, being a reporter himself and acquainted with the police can enter that area easily unlike her.

"But why? I just want to go with you. Who knows maybe I can help you to find any sort of evidence." Getting up Reeha said.

"Help me? Or more say help your brother to conceal the truth." Ayyan retorted.

"Of course not. Why will I do something like that? Please take me with you. I will stay like an invisible person. You won't have any discomfort with me. I swear."
Reeha literally begged.

He pretended to think for a moment and then stood in front of her with softened eyes. And then with a sarcastic smile said,
"My answer is still no. Now let's get you out from here."

Reeha for a moment was hopeful but his word broke all her hope. Ayyan literally started dragging her towards the door when she spoke, making him stopping his tracks.

"Your sister. Don't you feel bad for her? The main culprit is still roaming outside while can't even move her fingers."

"Shut up. Your brother is the culprit."

"Really? If that's what you think then why re-investigating the case? It's because you know something is not right. My brother who doesn't have anything to do with you or your family won't do this. It's obviously some other person who kidnapped your sister. Don't you want to find him? Please let me accompany you to the investigation. I just want to prove my brother's innocence." Tears were flowing from her eyes.

Tears always make Ayyan uncomfortable. He couldn't stand the sight of someone crying. Call it his sympathy or weakness but he just can't stand it. To avoid it he agreed.

"Fine. I'm going to the crime scene tomorrow at 12 pm."

An instant smile adorned on her lips.
"Really? Thank you so much." Clearing her tears she asked, " Your phone number?"

"My number? Why do you need it?"
Ayyan asked being confused.

"I don't know the way. So you will have to pick me up. I'll message you the location."

"Why will I pick you up? I'll give you the direction. Come by any transport."

"I'm not good with the directions. And if I lost the way then it will delay the whole investigation. So you will pick me. Now quickly give me your number. I have to go home."

At last, exchanging the number Reeha left Ayyan's office much to his relief.

                             ☆☆☆☆☆

Thanks for reading.♥♥ Please vote and comment. Thank you.