※30※

"Ayyan, if you don't go inside the room within 5 seconds then I'm gonna push you in." Rayyan's frustrated voice was heard.

For the past 10 minutes, Ayyan is standing outside his bedroom mentally preparing himself.

"Fine! Stand here the whole night. I'm going to sleep." Again Rayyan's restless voice was heard.

"No, bhai. Please stay."
Holding his hand Ayyan said like a child.

"What do you mean by stay? Are you planning to take me inside with you?"
Rayyan almost shouted at his brother's ridiculous demand.

"That's not what I meant. I'm nervous."
Ayyan confessed.

"It's natural to be nervous. But it is NOT natural to stand outside the whole night because of your nervousness. Ayyan, look I'm really sleepy and I don't plan on sleeping with YOU. So go inside and let me go to MY WIFE."

"Count to 5 and I'll enter."

Signing Rayyan started to count.
"1... 2... 3... "

Ayyan knocked on the door and then went inside to see Reeha standing in the middle of the room. Her back stiffens.

He said his 'salam' when he entered so what now? He cleared his throat.

"So... How are you?" He asked his newly wedded wife.

'Wow, Ayyan! Very smooth.'
He cringed mentally.

"Good."
Reeha whispered.

"Good, good. I'm good too."
He said awkwardly.

'Why the hell are you 'good' ing so much you idiot?' His consciences scolded.

'But wait! Is that nervousness he detected in Reeha's voice?'

Reeha being nervous was something that Ayyan thought will never witness. Seeing her nervous he forgot about his own nervousness.

"People usually congratulate each other when they get married so... Congratulations."

"Thank you."
Reeha mumbled.

"You know. Reeha, I also got married so I think I must also be congratulated."
Ayyan said with a teasing smile.

"Huh? Oh. Yeah. Congratulations to you too."
Nervously Reeha replied.

"Umm... I think you should get changed. The dress looks quite heavy. The washroom is on the left."

Nodding Reeha took out her nightclothes and then went into the washroom whereas Ayyan changed inside the room.

☆☆☆☆☆

Both were sitting on the opposite edges of the bed. Wondering about the sleeping arrangement. None of them knew what to say.

Finally, Ayyan faced Reeha and said,
"Look, I know it's awkward for both of us but since we are on the same boat so let's not upset each other and just carry out nicely, ok?"

"Ok."

"Good. So let's assume this as a friend's night out and just sleep in ease, ok?"

"I never stayed away from my parents let alone staying at a friend's place."

"What? Really? Like not even for a friend's night out?"
Ayyan asked not being able to believe it.

Reeha shook her head.
"My parents never allowed me for a night out."

"Oh. Then..."
Ayyan didn't know what to say.

Not wanting to make things more awkward Reeha added,
"But I'll assume this as a night out. Umm... I'm taking the right side if you are ok?"