※45※

"I can't believe it. How can you all hide it from me?"
Ayyan asked the moment he entered the house.

He was angry at everyone as none informed about Ayana's incident from last night.

"I get that mom didn't say it to me but you Reeha, you could have at least informed me."

"Ayyan, she wanted to call you but I forbade her. And by the grace of Allah, Ayana was absolutely fine by evening."
Mrs. Malik tried to make her son understand.

"But mom-"

"Reeha! Why don't you go and take out his clothes? And you,"
Indicating Ayyan, Mrs. Malik continued.
"Stay. I have to talk with you."

Reeha went upstairs whereas Ayyan stayed behind with Mrs. Malik.

"Why are you getting angry, Ayyan? I know I shouldn't have kept it hidden but think from my perspective. You went out of the station and I didn't want to worry you."

"What did the doctor say?"
Calming himself, Ayyan asked.

"Doctor said there's an improvement in her health. The nurse knew that Ayana might react in that way. The doctor already informed the nurse about it beforehand and instructed her to injected the medicine on time. It was the nurse's carelessness who forgot to inject the injection. SukurAllah, Zafar was there."
Taking a breath, Mrs. Malik added,
"What happened last night was Ayana responding to the treatment. That's what the doctor said. If everything goes well then our Ayana might be able to come out of the coma."

"Alhamdulillah! Hope she gets well quickly."

"Ameen."

"I'm going upstairs."
Saying Ayyan went into his room.

☆☆☆☆☆

Entering the room, Ayyan saw Reeha sitting on the bed waiting for him. Noticing him, she stood up.

Brushing past her, he started to loosen his tie.

"Are you mad at me?"
Standing behind him, she asked.

Ignoring her, he took the clothes which were placed on the bed and was about to enter the washroom when Reeha stopped him by holding his arm.

"Ayyan, please don't be mad at me."
He looked at her.

"I'm not mad at you. I get that mom didn't want you to inform me about yesterday's incident but Reeha, you of all people know very well how sensitive I'm about Ayana. I get that mom forbade you to inform me at that time but when I called you last night, you could have said it then."
Softly Ayyan said.

"I didn't want to worry you, Ayyan. I knew if you got to know about it then you would have driven all the way here at midnight. And I was worried. What if like last time you got into an accident? Moreover, Ayana Api was stable."
Reeha tried to justify.

"What if she deteriorated more? What if Zafar didn't reach on time? Would you still wouldn't have informed me?"

"Ayyan I-"

"I want to stay alone for some time."
Ayyan said tiredly.

Nodding her head meekly, she left the room to give him some space to clear his mind.

☆☆☆☆☆

While getting out of the room, Reeha bumped with the servant making the cup of tea almost fall on her.