※12※

They meet the detective and his team outside the forest and then proceed towards the crime scene. Even in the daylight, the forest was dark. It was the perfect place to commit any crime. On top of that, the place was abandoned so people won't even know.

"We have already searched for this place. Except for the watch and Fawad's fingerprint, there was nothing." The detective said.

Being a reporter Ayyan knew the basics of an investigation. He asked, "Any other fingerprint apart from it?"

"Actually it's a bit suspicious. All the things and evidence were neatly arranged indicating only one culprit. But..." The detective stopped thinking if he should say that or not.

"But?" Ayyan encouraged him.

"But as the court said the culprit, Fawad is a drug addict so it's almost impossible for a drug addict to do all these crimes so neatly. And then trying to remove the evidence... it's so not likely to do for a drug-addicted person." The detective elaborated.

"My brother is not a drug addict. How many times do I have to repeat it?" Reeha said being annoyed. But as usual, she was ignored.

The whole day passed like that. Nothing new was discovered. All were exhausted. It was 6 pm. Even the working hours of the detectives were finished and the forest was too dark. So they thought to wrap up the things and come tomorrow. While going out from the forest Reeha's phone rang. It was her mother.

''Where are you?''

''Heading back towards the car.''

''Your father is angry at me for letting you go alone.''

"I'm not alone. I'll talk to Papa after coming back home."

"Ok. Come back soon and safely."

"Hmm. Bye."

☆☆☆☆☆

Seems like the forest, the road was also abandoned. Little by little, it was freaking her out. There was no way she could find any transport nor any uber was available. From her left, she heard a clearing of a throat. Looking towards the direction she saw Ayyan standing there.

"What?" She asked.

"I'll drop you."

"Really?"
Her eyes flicked with happiness but instantly it became doubtful.
"Why?"

"It's already late and I don't think you will find any sort of transport. So if you don't wanna stand here the whole night, I suggest you get in the car."

"Ok. Thanks."

Ayyan nodded and then after sitting in the car started it. The car ride was silent and awkward. No one said a word nor they tried to break the silence.

While coming out from the highway Ayyan asked,
"Should I turn left or right?"

Reeha who was in her own world startled hearing his voice but then answered,
"Why are you asking me? See the map."

"It's not working. Now tell me quickly. We're about to reach the intersection point."

"I don't know," Reeha said in a small voice.

Suddenly pressing the brake Ayyan asked Reeha,
"What do you mean by you don't know? You are saying that you don't know the way to your home?"
Disbelieve evident in his voice.

"I told you before I'm not good in directions. And aren't you supposed to know the way?"
Reeha asked the last question, flipping all the blame on him.

"How am I supposed to know the way back to your home?"
Ayyan asked. He was getting annoyed.

"You're the driver so you are supposed to know. Moreover, you already picked me up earlier."
Reeha said in her defense but she also knew her point was ridiculous.

"Excuse me. Just because I'm driving doesn't mean I will have to know all the ways and if you who is staying in your place for like forever don't even know the way then how the hell am I supposed to remember it going there just once?"
The girl was talking ridiculously. Ayyan was now getting a headache because of her. Why did he say about giving her a lift? Blowing some air he said,
"Step down."

Panicking at his words, Reeha started rambling,
"What? You're going to leave me here? At this hour? How can you be so heartless? If you were going to leave me here in the middle of nowhere why ask to drop me then? Why did..."

Before she could eat more of his head he cut her in.
"Step down and ask people the way."

"Why will I.... What!! Oh, you should have said earlier."

"As if you would let me finish."

"Whatever. Sorry. I'm leaving my bag here. I don't trust you. What if you leave me?"

"Just go quickly. I don't have useless time to waste."

Stepping down she went to ask in a shop. A few minutes later came and gave direction to Ayyan.

Dropping her in the same place from where he picked, he then drove away. Walking back home Reeha saw her father pacing in front of the house. It was almost 9 pm. 'Shit! She's dead for sure.'

☆☆☆☆☆

Thanks for reading. Hope you enjoyed reading.❤❤