1 Lazarus Rising: Part 3

Eventually, we had the room darkened, with six candles in the center of the table. We sat around it, and even though I wanted to sit next to Dean, I decided to sit between Bobby and Pamela, to avoid sitting near Sam.

"Right. Take each other's hands," Pamela instructed, and we all did. "And I need to touch something our mystery monster touched." She moved her right hand under the table near Dean's leg.

Dean jumped. "Whoa. Well, he didn't touch me there."

Pamela giggled. "My mistake."

Dean looked around nervously, then took his flannel off and pulled his t-shirt sleeve up to reveal the brand he had shown Bobby and me before.

Pamela placed her hand on the brand and closed her eyes. "Okay." The four of us joined her in closing our eyes, and she began to chant, "I invoke, conjure, and command you, appear unto me before this circle. I invoke, conjure, and command you, appear unto me before this circle. I invoke, conjure, and command you, appear unto me before this circle."

Suddenly, I heard the TV click on to static, and I opened my eyes to see that Dean was the only other one with his eyes open.

"I invoke, conjure, and command—" (...) "Castiel?" (...) "No. Sorry, Castiel, I don't scare easy," Pamela continued.

"Castiel?" Dean asked, with a worried expression.

"It's name. It's whispering to me, warning me to turn back," Pamela said, and the table began to shake.

Dean looked at me with worry in his eyes and then closed them. I did the same.

"I conjure and command you, show me your face. I conjure and command you, show me your face. I conjure and command you, show me your face. I conjure and command you, show me your face," Pamela said.

The table began to shake more aggressively, and the static grew louder.

"Maybe we should stop," Bobby said, causing me to pop my eyes back open, this time everyone but Pamela had their eyes open.

"I almost got it. I command you, show me your face! Show me your face now!" Pamela yelled.

Then the candle flames shot up several feet, and Pamela began to scream. Her eyes shot open and were filled with white flames. Bobby jumped up and caught her before she collapsed onto the floor. Then the rattling, flames, and static died out abruptly.

"Call 9-1-1!" Bobby yelled.

Sam jumped up and ran into the next room. Dean and I crouched down next to Pamela and Bobby. She was conscious, but her now closed eyes were bleeding and burned.

Pamela's eyes snapped open to reveal burned, empty eye sockets. "I can't see! I can't see! Oh, god!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Sam, Dean, and I left Pamela with Bobby before the ambulance could get there. We waited for Bobby's call at a diner called Johnny Mac's Diner. Shortly after Sam put his order in, Bobby called, so he walked off to take the call while Dean and I finished giving our orders to the waitress.

"Be up in a jiff." The waitress smiled after she finished writing and walked away.

Dean looked over at me. "What's up with the cold shoulder?"

I shook my head. "What are you talking about?"

"Not sitting next to Sam, not riding with us to Pamela's, barely speaking to him without rolling your eyes," Dean said.

I shrugged. "I always sit next to you when we eat out."

Dean shook his head. "I don't mean now, and you know it."