2 Are You There, God?: Part 2

We had been calling around to different hunters in the area. Bobby and I split up from Sam and Dean so we could check in on them. Unfortunately, we ended up finding them in the same position as Olivia.

Bobby decided it was time to head back to his house, so he made a call to Dean, "We checked on Carl Bates and RC Adams. They've redecorated... in red." (...) "She's fine." (...) "I took care of her for three months. You think I suddenly forgot how to?" (...) "I don't know, but until we find out, you guys better get your asses to my place."

Back at Bobby's, we walked in and took our jackets off, but the temperature immediately dropped, and we could see our breath. Suddenly, we heard children laughing from another room, and we started walking toward the noise.

Bobby picked up the fireplace poker on the way by. "Stay close."

I nodded and picked up the iron fireplace shovel and followed closely behind.

As we continued walking, the lights started flickering, and the radio started playing. Then a small red ball bounced down the stairs toward Bobby, and he froze.

"Bobby?" I asked, putting my hand on his arm.

He turned to look at me, but then sheer terror crossed his face. I turned around to see two young twin girls standing behind me, staring up at Bobby. The girls put their hands on me and threw me against the wall. A sharp pain pulsed through the back of my head, and my vision went blurry. The last thing I saw was the girls grabbing Bobby.

When I opened my eyes, I couldn't move. I looked down and realized I was now tied to a chair. My wrists tied to the armrests and my ankles tied to the legs.

I looked up, my vision still a little blurry, to see a man hunched over, sitting in the corner of the room. "Hello?"

The man rose from the floor, and I realized who he was. "That's all you have to say to me? After what you did?" He stepped closer to me until the face that had been haunting me for so long, the face of the man I had killed, was right in front of me.

"Please, we can talk. Just let me go," I pleaded.

He laughed. "You want to talk? I never got that chance, why should you?"

I shook my head. "I'm sorry. I was just protecting myself."

"Oh, come on! You really believe that pathetic line your brothers fed you?" he asked.

Tears came to my eyes. "I— I— I—"

"I— I— I—" he mocked. "Shut up! You really think your life was worth more than mine?"

I shook my head. "No! I—"

"Do you even know my name?" he asked.

That question took me aback. I felt terrible for not knowing.

"Matthew Kushner. I had two daughters and a beautiful wife. Now they think I abandoned them." He glared at me. "That's your fault."

"I didn't take you from your family. That demon did," I said.

He nodded. "No, you're right. You just put the final nail in my coffin."

"I'm sorry! I was defending myself!" I screamed. "If I could take it back, I would."

"You're the reason I'm dead. You want me to just forgive you?" Matthew asked. "You knew how to get rid of that demon. I would still be alive if you didn't stab me first."

"I know..." I cried. "I think about that all the time."

"Unfortunately, so do I," he said, "I want you to experience what I did."