9 Heaven and Hell: Part 3

About a half-hour later, there was a knock on the door, and Ruby opened it to reveal Sam and Dean. "Glad you could make it."

"Yeah, thanks." Sam nodded and walked in.

Dean rushed in and hugged me. "You all right?"

I nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine."

Sam walked by and rustled my hair and turned to Anna. "Anna, are you okay?"

Anna nodded. "Yeah. I think so. Ruby's not like other demons. She saved my life."

Dean nodded. "Yeah, I hear she does that." He turned to Ruby. "I guess I— Ya know."

"What?" Ruby asked.

Dean sighed. "I guess I owe you for... Sam. And uh, Maddi now. And I just wanted... ya know..."

Ruby raised an eyebrow at him. "Don't strain yourself."

"Okay, then. Is the moment over?" Dean asked.

Ruby nodded.

"Good, 'cause that was awkward," Dean said.

"Hey, Sam, you think it'd be safe to make a quick call, just to tell my parents I'm okay?" Anna asked. "They must be completely freaked."

"Uh..." Sam said and then at Dean and me nervously.

"What?" Anna asked.

Sam sighed and sat down next to her. "Anna, um... your parents—"

Anna started to tear up. "What about them?"

Sam looked at her, sadly. "Look, I'm sorry."

Anna cried. "No, they're not..."

"Anna, I'm sorry," Sam said.

"Why is this happening to me?!" she yelled.

"I don't know," Sam said and put his hand on her back.

Anna gasped and looked up, terrified. "They're coming." Then the lights in the cabin started flickering.

"Backroom," Dean said and then pointed for Anna and me to hide.

I grabbed Anna's hand and walked into the back room, closing the door behind us. I knelt and peered through one of the several cracks in the door. Sam and Dean grabbed shotguns and peered out of the windows.

Ruby ran over to Dean's backpack and rifled through it. "Where's the knife?"

"Uh... about that..." Dean chuckled nervously.

"You're kidding." Ruby snarled.

Dean shrugged. "Hey, don't look at me."

Sam rolled his eyes. "Thanks a lot."

Ruby sighed angrily. "Great. Just peachy. Impeccable timing, guys, really."

Suddenly, the door started rattling, and it burst open. The three of them jumped back, ready to fight whatever walked through the door. Then Castiel and Uriel walked in, Sam and Dean relaxed a little, but Ruby's eyes turned black.

"Please tell me you're here to help. We've been having demon issues all day," Dean said.

"Well, I can see that." Uriel gestured to Ruby. "You want to explain why you have that stain in the room?"

"We're here for Anna," Castiel said.

"Here for her like... here for her?" Dean asked.

"Stop talking. Give her to us," Uriel demanded.