14 Death Takes a Holiday: Part 3

Reluctantly Pamela agreed to help us. So, we set up the room as she instructed. We lit candles around the room, and Sam closed the curtains. Pamela sat in a chair between the beds and waited for us to finish up.

"Tell me something, geniuses. Even if you do break into the veil and you find the reaper, how you gonna save it?" Pamela asked.

"With style and class," Dean joked.

"You're gonna be walking pieces of fog who can't touch or move anything. You'll be defenseless, hotshot," Pamela said.

"I seem to recall a bunch of ghosts beating the crap out of us," Sam said.

Pamela nodded. "Yeah, well, they had plenty of time to practice."

Dean shrugged. "Well, then, I guess we got to start cramming."

Pamela shook her head. "Wow, couple of heroes. All right." She patted the beds. "Lie down. Close your eyes."

Sam and Dean laid down.

I smacked Dean in the side. "Move over."

He chuckled. "What do you think you're doing?"

"Um, doing this with you guys, obviously," I said.

He laughed again. "Hell no."

"Why not?" Pamela asked, "'Cause it's dangerous?"

Dean nodded. "Uh, yeah. That would be it."

Pamela shrugged. "You're fine with the two of you doing this. And besides, she has a better chance of making it out alive, she's younger and has never died."

Dean nodded. "Yeah, and I'm going to keep it that way."

I rolled my eyes. "Dean, come on seriously."

"Yes," Dean said, not looking like he was going to budge.

I shrugged. "All right, I'll just have Pamela do it again, once you guys are all set."

I looked back at her to see that she was smirking. Whether or not she really would do it for me, I wasn't sure, but I knew her smirk would make Dean nervous. I looked back at him, and he was carefully watching her.

He looked over at Sam. "You never help in these situations." Sam just shrugged, and then Dean groaned and moved over. "Fine." He patted the bed. "We're wasting time."

I smiled happily, jumped on the bed next to him, and laid down. "This is going to be so cool."

"This is serious business," Dean said, sternly.

"All right, jeez." I scoffed. "Your name should be grumpy, not Sam's."

Dean elbowed me in the side, so I elbowed him back.

Pamela cleared her throat. "Are you two ready to begin?"

"Sorry," Dean and I said in unison.

"All right, just relax. Now, I'm going to count down from five to zero. When we're at zero, you'll be in a deep state of hypnosis," Pamela said calmly, "As I count down, just go deeper and deeper, okay? Five... four... three... two... one... deep sleep."

As she counted down, it was like something came over me. I just became more and more relaxed.

"Every muscle calm and relaxed. Can you hear me?" she asked.

"Yes," all three of us said in unison.

"Excellent," Pamela said calmly, "Animum vult decipi, ergo decipiatur. Vis, vis, vis. Okay, guys. That's it. Showtime."

All three of us sat up, but everything looked exactly the same.

"Well, nothing like shooting blanks. What's plan B?" Dean asked, but Pamela didn't answer.

I looked over at Sam and then realized that not only was he sitting up, but he was still lying down too. Then I turned and looked at myself asleep on the bed. "Uh, guys? I think it definitely worked."

Sam and Dean looked around and saw what I did.

"Oh, I'm so feeling up, Demi Moore," Dean said happily.

"All right, so, I'm assuming you're somewhere over the rainbow. Remember, I have to bring you back," Pamela said and then walked over to Sam's body, "I'll whisper the incantation in your ear." Then she leaned over and whispered something in his ear.

Dean and I looked at Sam, but he just grinned as if he could hear what she said.

"What'd she—" Dean looked confused. "What'd she say?"

Sam just shrugged with a smirk. "Apparently, I've got a great ass."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

We walked out of the motel and looked around, seeing that nothing was really different. That was until a woman jogging went straight through us, completely unphased.

Dean laughed excitedly. "That was wild."

Sam and I looked at him, amazed by what had just happened.

Dean stuck his arm through Sam's chest up to his elbow and wiggled it around in him happily. "Am I making you uncomfortable?"

Sam rolled his eyes. "Get out of me."

Dean pulled his arm out and frowned, "You're such a prude. Come on," he said and then continued walking.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

After a couple hours of searching the town, Dean started to get frustrated.

"Oh, man, we've been spooking this town for hours. No demons, no black smoke." Dean smirked. "I say we hit Victoria's Secret and get our peep on, huh?"

I groaned. "Don't be gross."

Dean shrugged and chuckled.

"Hey." Sam pointed up to a house. "3 o'clock. Kid in the window."

Dean and I looked up and spotted Cole Griffith in the second story window staring down at us.

"Am I crazy, or is he looking at us?" Sam asked.

Dean nodded. "It's 'cause we've seen him before."

"We have?" Sam asked.

I nodded. "That's Cole Griffith."

"The last person to die in this town," Dean said.

Cole flickered and then vanished, and the three of us started walking toward the house. A minute later, we walked into the house and up the stairs to find a woman standing in an empty bedroom. Except when we reached the top step, a soccer ball flew past her and into the door.

She put her hands on her head and ran out, crying. "Oh, my god!" She ran through us and down the stairs.

So, we charged into the room and found Cole standing there, throwing more balls through us and out of the doorway.

Dean put his hand up. "Stop! How are you doing that?"

"Who are you?" Cole snapped.

"Relax, Cole. It's okay," Sam said calmly.

"How do you know my name?" Cole asked.

"Look, this isn't gonna be easy to hear, but... you're... dead. You're a spirit. Us too," Sam said.

"Yeah, thanks, Haley Joel." Cole scoffed. "I know I'm dead. What do you want?"

Sam's eyes widened. "We just want to talk."

"About what?" Cole asked.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *