7 It's the Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester: Part 2

After Dean finished questioning Tracy's friends, he drove us back to the motel, where we met Sam as he walked up to the Impala. Dean got out of the car and walked around, and Sam opened my door to help me out.

"So?" Dean asked.

Sam shook his head. "Tracy was nowhere I could find. Any luck with her friends?"

"Nah, luck is not our style." Dean shrugged. "Her friends don't know where she is. It's like the bitch popped a broomstick."

We started walking toward our room as a kid dressed as an astronaut made his way toward us.

"She could be making the third sacrifice any time," Sam said.

Dean nodded. "Yes, thank you, Sam."

The astronaut walked up to us, holding out a bucket of candy. "Trick or treat."

Dean pointed to the building next to us. "This is a motel."

"So?" the astronaut asked.

Dean shrugged. "So, we don't have any candy."

Sam pointed back to the Impala. "No, we have a ton in the uh—"

Dean nodded. "We did, but it's gone."

Sam and I rolled our eyes at Dean.

Dean shrugged. "Sorry, kid, we can't help ya."

"I want candy." The astronaut scowled.

"Well, I think you've had enough." Dean chuckled.

I elbowed him for saying that, to the slightly heftier than average kid. "Don't be rude."

The astronaut glared at Dean and then shoved past him. Dean put his hands up and acted as if he didn't do anything wrong. I shook my head, and we continued following Sam into our room.

However, when we walked up to Sam, he stood with his gun out, ready to fight.

"Who are you?!" Sam yelled.

Dean rushed into the room and spotted who Sam was talking about. "Sam! Sam, wait! It's Castiel." He pushed Sam's gun down. "The angel."

Sam stood there, stunned.

Dean squinted and looked toward the back of the room. "Him, I don't know."

I walked in to see Castiel standing in front of Sam and Dean and a dark figure standing at the back of the room, looking out of the window.

I rolled my eyes at Castiel. "Great, you gonna knock me out again?"

Castiel looked down at me. "That won't be necessary." Then he turned his gaze back to Sam. "Hello, Sam."

"Oh my god... uh— uh—" Sam stuttered. "I didn't mean to— Sorry. It's an honor, really, I— I've heard a lot about you." He stepped forward and held his hand out to shake Castiel's.

Dean closed the door, and Castiel looked down at Sam's hand as if he wasn't sure what to do with it until Sam shook his hand slightly, and he finally understood.

Castiel took Sam's hand and shook it. "And I, you. Sam Winchester..." He clasped his other hand over Sam's. "The boy with the demon blood."

Sam looked slightly taken aback.

"Glad to see you've ceased your extracurricular activities," Castiel continued.

"Let's keep it that way," the figure in the back said, still facing the window.

"Yeah, okay, chuckles," Dean said and then looked at Castiel. "Who's your friend?"

"This, the raising of Samhain, have you stopped it?" Castiel asked, ignoring Dean's question.