14 Death Takes a Holiday: Part 5

After Cole finished teaching us everything he could, Sam, Dean, and I went to check out the funeral home. However, when we walked up to it, it was completely covered in blue glowing diagrams, mostly six-sided figures, some in circles, and some in squares.

"This looks like New Jack City. Can nobody see this?" Dean asked, gesturing to all of the people walking by.

"Maybe it's demon invisible ink." Sam shrugged. "Only see it in the veil."

"Any idea what it's for?" Dean asked.

"We'll find out," Sam said, and then we walked into the building.

Sam walked around one side of the staircase, and I followed Dean around the other side, but once we met up with Sam again, we shrugged at each other, having seen nothing.

Then we continued walking and peered through a doorway and found Tessa and an old man in a suit, lying asleep on the floor. They were in the center of a largely drawn symbol while being guarded by a man pacing back and forth.

"Check me out," Dean whispered and then took a few steps forward and vanished. He tapped the man on the shoulder, causing him to turn, punched him in the face, and then disappeared again as the man took a swing at him.

I giggled excitedly and then vanished, reappearing behind the man, and tapped him on the shoulder, causing him to turn and then I punched him in the face as well.

I clapped happily. "This is so awesome."

The man straightened up and went to swing at me.

My eyes widened. "Oh, shi—" I vanished and reappeared behind him.

Then Sam and Dean appeared in front of him and took turns punching him until the man dropped to the ground. He backed away from us until he was hiding behind a coffin.

"Ya know, this ghost thing, it's— it's kind of rad." Dean smiled.

Suddenly, another man came running out from behind a curtain carrying a chain, making pained noises as his hands were smoking. The man behind the coffin jumped up and hopped over the casket and out of the way as the other man hooked the chain to a large candle stand in front of the three of us.

"It's iron," Sam said.

When the man let go of the chain, his hands still smoking, we looked around and realized we were entirely surrounded by the iron chain.

Another demon walked into the room with a smile. "Find the place, okay?" He rolled his eyes back, and they turned white.

One of the other demons handed him a shotgun. He checked it and then aimed and fired at Dean, who disintegrated.

Alastair smirked. "Rock salt's not so much fun anymore, is it?"

Dean reappeared where he vanished. "Alastair. You bastard."

"Well, go on. Why don't you try some of your mojo on me now, hotshot?" Alastair taunted.

Dean glanced at Sam and then back at Alastair.

"It's hard to get it up when you're not wearing your meat, huh?" Alastair asked.

"Go to Hell," Sam growled.

"Ah, if only I could." Alastair turned and crossed the room. "But they just keep sending me back up to this arctic craphole."

"To kill death?" Dean asked.

Alastair shook his head. "No, to kill death twice. It takes two to break a seal. I figured another one would show up, though. They're like lemmings." He pumped the shotgun and fired it at Sam, causing him to disintegrate. "By the way, it's, uh, good to see you again, Dean."