Chapter 28: Stop the sassiness, I have a headache

RYLEE'S P.O.V.

I expected him to scream or yell at me, but when he stood up in silence and left the house, I thought I had fucked everything completely.

How had I been so selfish. I hurt Gerard with my words and I just realized in that moment. I should have thought what I was going to say before leaving it go out of my mouth.

I'd been curled up here for two hours, not bothering in changing position, and I still felt Gerard's hand rubbing my back.

After no more tears came to my eyes, they hurt, so I ended up just closing them and trying to go to somewhere else in my mind.

By the time I opened my eyes again I realized I had fallen asleep. It was 7 pm already and there was no sight of Gerard.

I called Frank, Ray and Bob to tell them what happened, skipping the kiss thing except to Bob, who sighed loudly and told me he said it to me and that I was stupid for doing what I did. I knew it, there was no necessity of saying it to me again.

Frank told me he was coming to the house, and no matter how many times I told him to go and look for Gerard instead of being there with me, he didn't listen to me, so when the door bell rang, I knew there was my lovely midget. //Even when we were the same height.//

Immediately after I opened the door he hugged me and I couldn't stop the tears that escape from my eyes and rolled down my cheeks.

– I screw everything – I said with my face still buried in his neck.

– Shh...every thing's going to be fine somehow – he said trying to comfort me, but as we separated I denied.

– It's not going to be fine, you should have seen how Gerard looked at me – I sobbed, trying to wipe the tears from my eyes.

– Listen, Gerard is angry now, but he loves you. I don't think he can be angry with you for a lot of time. I remember when you both fought back in high school and he spent the next week all drunk in his basement – Frank commented.

I looked at him frowning.

– True, you don't remember it, do you? – he said and sighed, flashing me a warm smile.

– I do – I replied, still in shock for the fact that I remember something about Gerard.

And it wasn't just that, because my mind was clearing itself. I meant, I was remembering everything that leaned us to fight that day, and how we slept together that night after we talked in his basement.

I remembered Gerard, and I also remembered that I loved Bob, yes, but as my brother. He wasn't the love of my life as I'd been thinking since he first came in that hospital room.

Also, the song I'd heard before was the one playing when I came in Gerard's basement that day; Iris by The Goo Goo Dolls.

– That's great! – Frank reassured.

But the sudden happiness for the moment turned down when I felt pain in my chest. I couldn't breath well. I had that pressure in my chest that made for my lungs to breath an impossible mission.