Chapter 30: Are you kidding?

RYLEE'S P.O.V.

Mikey stood in the doorway, his characteristic expression decorated with the slightest smile. My smirk disappeared a little.

It wasn't that I didn't want to see Mikey, but I was expecting...you know...another person.

– Hey Mikes – I welcomed while going downstairs. Each step becoming heavier and heavier.

– Rylee, glad to see you're doing fine – he half hugged me when I reached his side.

– Mikey, just at time for lunch, are you staying? – Jamia stuck his head out of the kitchen with her infamous smile.

If they weren't dating, I would swear Frank and her were siblings.

– Yeah, why not, Gerard can take care of himself for a while – he took me by the shoulders and directed me to the kitchen.

But my thoughts were in what could Gerard be doing in that moment.

~»~

– Rylee! Are you here? You're food is getting cold – Jamia stared at me with a worried expression.

I blinked twice and looked at them three, wondering how long I had been out.

– I'm not hungry – I shrugged, playing with the fork.

She sighed frustrated and stood up, taking her empty plate with her and leaving it in the sink.

– I can't do anything for you if you don't help me – Jamia crossed her arms over her chest turning to stare at me.

Frank stood up and hugged Jamia.

– I'm sorry – I murmured as I stood up and went upstairs to my bedroom.

I didn't really know what they expected from me, but I wasn't in the mood for anything.

Minutes later there was a knock on the door.

– Leave me alone – I groaned and buried my face in the pillow.

– Hey, what's wrong? – Mikey questioned as he opened the door.

Seconds later he sat down next to me and slightly moved my hair.

– I can't do anything right – I sighed.

He laughed a little.

– Aren't you overreacting? – I looked up at him with no expression.

– No – and with that I buried my face again in the pillow.

Why couldn't he just leave me like everybody else?