Chapter 9: Shall I hear more, or shall I speak at this?

RYLEE'S P.O.V.

We separated after a long kiss, just to look at each other in the eyes.

– Wow... – he said blinking.

I couldn't help but smile, almost laugh. I didn't really know why he was so distant with me.

– I think I answer myself? – I said hoping he didn't feel uncomfortable or something.

– Really? – he said, his eyes in me unbelievable.

– Well, only if you want me to be your... girlfriend – I said swallowing. Maybe he didn't want me to.

He smirked and that made me smile too.

– Of course I want – he said. My smile widdened.

– So this is official now? – I asked.

– I guess – he responded.

He passed an arm around my shoulders and I smirked in response, finding finally my place.

After a while it was getting dark so we had to come back. I didn't want to leave his side but I assumed I had to go back home.

Hand in hand, we arrived to my house after a long walk in the forest. I stood in front of my house and sighed. Gerard squeezed my hand and I looked at him.

– Are you okay? – he said with concerned eyes.

I smiled a little. He was so protective when he wanted to.

– Yes, it's just that, I don't want to leave you – I pouted and I had to recognize that I sounded like a little girl. Damn. So cheesy.

He smirked, his eyes suddenly full of love.

– I'll see you later then – I frowned, not understanding what he was trying to say.

– Later? – I asked. My mom wouldn't allow him to stay with me.

– Trust me – he said as he stroked my cheek.

I closed my eyes while he did it and then opened them again. We stood there hugging each other.

– I love you – I said and he looked at me surprised, then smiled.

– I love you too – he said and our lips connected.

GERARD'S P.O.V.

This was unreal. I meant, the girl I was in love with, loved me back. I didn't expect that at all, I expected a “no” with all his letters.