Chapter 42: Who's there?

[Three days later]

RYLEE'S P.O.V.

– You never told me you knew English – I pursed my lips and crossed my arms over my chest.

– I spoke with your boyfriend, you should have noticed – Florent replied shrugging.

– Whatever – I said and stuck out my tongue.

– Rylee! We're ready, whenever you want! – Maeva informed from her position in the scene.

I turned my attention back to them and forgot about Florent as soon as they started singing. Actually, Florent helped me composing that song, so he was there with the other director and me.

~»~

I missed Gerard. I wanted to see him, to hug him, to kiss him...I needed him there with me. I sighed for the fifth time, probably, and put my bangs behind my ear. I returned my attention back to the actors when Maeva asked me something.

– What? – I replied, not knowing what she had said.

– Do you want to have lunch with us? – she repeated.

– No, thanks, I'm heading home – well, if I could call the place where I stayed home.

I had found a flat near the theater, but that day I wanted to be in New Jersey, with Gerard and the guys, like we used to do.

– Okay, see you later – she waved goodbye and left the place.

I sighed, stood up, took my jacket and walked to the door. A whistle sounded from behind. I turned around just to find Florent walking in my direction.

I ran a hand through my hair unconsciously and waited for him to arrive.

– Hey, the director told me to tell you...are you okay? – he stopped and then asked.

I frowned but noticed I had started crying. Oh fuck. What more could happen to me in that moment?

– Yeah, just homesick – I reassured, half smiling while drying my face.

He frowned, looking at the floor but then returned his gaze to me.

– If you need someone to talk, call me, anytime – he smiled kindly.

I just nodded.

– What were you going to say before? – I asked.

– The director told me to tell you that we have two weeks less to prepare the play because of another play that's going to be displayed – he finally said.

My jaw almost fell to the floor. What?! Two weeks less? Then we had to work faster and harder. We had planned everything for a time and now we had another different. Fuck.