Chapter 34: From the bottom of my black little heart

RYLEE'S P.O.V.

I came back from the kitchen with the popcorns ready for the movie and tilted my head curiously when Bob appeared in the living room.

– What did Gerard want? – I asked as he plopped down next to me.

– Nothing important – he replied taking some popcorns and introducing them in his mouth.

I shrugged and turned on the video.

<< Let's have a normal afternoon for once. I guess.>> I thought as I pressed the play button.

GERARD'S P.O.V.

I parked in front of Cassidy's house and got out of the car; each step I took to her door seemed heavier.

After knocking, I waited patiently, repeating to myself that it was just a date and that nothing was happening between Bob and Rylee.

She opened the door smiling.

– Wait a minute – she said and ran to somewhere in her house.

– Sure – I replied looking at my phone.

– Okay, I'm ready – Cassidy appeared on the door again and closed it behind her.

I looked up and smiled kindly.

– You look good – I compliment.

<< Yeah, but I've seen Rylee more beautiful than that>> I thought to myself.

<< Okay, Gerard, stop thinking about Rylee and Bob. This is your date >> I groaned to myself.

– Thanks – she murmured as we went to my car.

~»~

We headed to a nice restaurant that I knew in town. It was quiet, which I thanked because I didn't want any fan around in that moment, and the food was great.

– So, I've heard you're going to be back singing soon – she commented.

– Uh?...Oh, yes, yes, I've been going to rehab and I'll be able to sing again soon without problems – I answered.

Gosh, I had to be careful, I was spacing out a lot.

But what could I do when all I could think about was Rylee and Bob. I imagined those two making out on the sofa while I was here, bored with a girl that I didn't love.

RYLEE'S P.O.V.

I hided behind a cushion when a scary part of the movie appeared on the screen. Bob laughed at me every time I did that, but when he stopped finding it funny he half hugged me, somehow making me feel better.