Chapter 57: Right below

RYLEE'S P.O.V.

To explain what happened in that moment, we had to go back to my first week in my new flat. I didn't want to stay in the same house Gerard and I shared, so I rented a flat not too far from the theater we were practicing in.

We would stay there three weeks and then start the tour. Russia was waiting for us already.

In my way to the third floor with a box keeping me from seeing the steps, a guy almost made me trip and fall.

– Sorry! – he said in French as he held me by the elbow.

– I'm okay, I'm okay – I said. I moved the box in my hands just to discover that I was talking to a really handsome guy. His short brown curly hair and his green eyes matched perfectly his skin color, tanned but not dark.

– Do you need any help? – he wondered.

I looked at him, then back at the two boxes I was holding in my hands.

– Well, maybe – I replied.

He flashed me a really cute smile, then took one of the boxes and followed me upstairs and into my new flat.

– So, you're going to be my neighbor – he said as he left the box on the floor.

I nodded after sitting down on the box I had taken upstairs.

– I'm Rylee – I introduced myself.

 – Emilien – he replied, flashing again that smile at me.

He helped me carrying all the boxes that were left to my flat. When we finished, we both sat down on the floor. The furniture wasn't there yet, only the mattress that was in my new bedroom.

– Thanks for the help – I said.

– No problem – He shrugged.

– I owe you one – I told him.

He left half an hour later, but told me that if I needed anything, he lived right below my apartment.

In a week and a half, Emilien had spent more time in my new flat than Mikelangelo and Florent in the other house.

~»~

The bell rang. I blinked twice and then stood up and went to see who it was. I looked at the clock in my way to the door. I still had time to get ready.

He stood there, his wet hair and clothes telling me that it had started raining.

Emilien stood there, his infamous smile decorating his face, his hair dripping and his clothes completely wet.

– What the hell happened to you? – I asked as I let him inside and then went to the bathroom looking for a towel.