Chapter 23: Perfect pictures

RYLEE'S P.O.V

I actually didn't know if I had to be disappointed or if I should be glad. This boy...Gerard, he wasn't ugly but I had this thing for Bob...I didn't know what to do. Neither what to say.

Gerard looked at me for a moment and then turned around, his back in my direction. I bit my bottom lip. I disappointed him. I felt sad.

I fell asleep later and was woken up when the doctor came to check us. It was 8 o'clock more or less. He told us that we had to stay one more day and then we'd be able to go home; well, I didn't exactly know what I was going to do.

If Gerard was my boyfriend, did I live with him?

Speaking of Gerard, he was awake too, but he didn't say a word to me in all the time we were alone. He just took a notebook and started sketching or doing something. I didn't know. From my position I couldn't see what he was doing.

I sighed and scratched my head not knowing what to do. I glanced around and saw a mp4 on my nightstand. Was that mine?

I took it and looked through the music list. There was a group “My Chemical Romance” and I apparently had all their discography. I plugged the ear buds and played the first song. It was called “To the End”.

I continued listening to their music and really liked it. The singer's voice sounded really familiar. Where had I heard it before?

Someone knocked on the door and a moment later Mikey and another guy came in the room. I stared at him. I had seen him before...but something looked different...

– Why did you cut your hair Ray?! – I exclaimed.

They all looked at me with wide eyes.

– You remember me? – Ray asked surprised.

I looked at him confused but then nodded. I remembered someone. Oh God, it felt so good.

– That's awesome. It means your getting better – Mikey said happily.

– If anyone's interested, I'm here too – Gerard said as he rolled his eyes.

I frowned looking at him. Those things he was doing, how he reacted with everything made me doubt that I could be his girlfriend before.

I meant, look at him and look at someone like Bob. Nothing to compare.

Mikey and Ray said hello to Gerard but turned around interested in if I could remember anything else. I denied.

– I'm sorry, I just remember Ray. By the way, why did you cut your hair?! Where's the afro? – I questioned looking at his little curls.

– A change is never bad – He shrugged.

~»~

– By the way, do you know who's the singer of this group? I've been listening to the music I had in my mp4 until you came but I can't remember who he is – I asked Mikey, who took it from my hand curiously, putting his glasses back in their correct spot with his index finger.