Chapter 25: Farewell, my friend

RYLEE'S P.O.V.

– No, I don't remember that, are you sure? – I asked lifting my eyes from the photo to look at Gerard, who was sat Indian style on my bed opposite to me.

– Yeah, I'm pretty sure, then you and Frank started a paint war – he had this smile on his face that he'd been showing since we started talking this morning.

– If you say so – I smile but a frown decorated my face.

– Ah, I remember this one – he said while showing me another picture.

I scratched my head looking at a picture of a little girl with a balloon.

– Am I this? – I asked looking up. He nodded smirking.

– Your mom used to talk and talk about this picture and I- – he was cut when the door was suddenly opened. Bob and Frankie came in.

We both looked at them. I didn't know if Gerard did, but I smirked when I saw they both coming in.

– Hey guys – I said happily.

– Hey hey Ry – Frank high five with me and Bob gave me a half hug as usual.

They had come to carry us to our house. I knew that later, but when Frank tossed me a bag with clothes, at first I didn't understand anything.

I went out of the room's bathroom with a pair of black skinny jeans, a t-shirt and my converse on.

– So, let's go – Frank jumped to his feet and interlocked his arm with mine.

I couldn't help but laughing.

~»~

When Gerard opened the door to our house and let me came in I looked around trying to remember the place. It was nice, but I didn't remember it.

I walked through the house curiously, letting the information fill my mind.

I went in the kitchen, it was spacious and it had a red coffee machine highlighted. I ran my fingers through the worktop but let my arms fall to my sides.

Then I walked all over the rest of the house, and stopped in front of the bedroom's door. There was just one bed. I wondered how Gerard and I would sleep. It wasn't that I didn't like him, but I couldn't remember him and I wasn't sleeping with an stranger.

– Hey, I was looking for you, Gerard's made coffee, do you want some? – Bob asked as he reached the top of the stairs.

I turned and smiled, nodded and then followed him downstairs.

I still felt this thingy inside for Bob, and I couldn't tell what it was, but when he was near it felt as everything wasn't so important.

As we came in the living room, the smell of coffee filled my lungs. We both sat down on the couch while Gerard and Frank were sat in armchairs.

We talked for a while, but then I felt a little tired, so I excused myself and went to the bathroom.

I looked myself in the mirror and sighed. I took the brush from the second drawer where I used to let it...wait what? I looked the brush in my hands with wide eyes and ran to the living room. The guys looked at me with raised eyebrows.

– I found the brush – I said still surprised.

– And? – Frank asked.

I looked at him with a 'are you serious?' expression.

– That's great – Bob said smiling and Gerard nodded in agreement.

We talked about it a little more but then everyone returned to their previous conversations and I went back to the bathroom, ended with my hair and then headed to the bedroom.

As I lay on bed I turned on the TV with the remote control.

~»~

It wasn't much later when Frank and Bob appeared on the door.

– We're going home – Frank said and almost tackled me in a hug.

I laughed and returned it, and after he left the room, it was just Bob and me.

– I'll see you soon. If you need something, just call, okay? – he half hugged me as always and kissed the side of my head.

I nodded, but when he was going to turn around I stood up and caught his hand.

– Yes? – he asked with his warm smile on his lips.

I bit my bottom lip but then made myself move and planted a kiss on his lips. He looked at me with wide eyes.

– Wh-what are you doing? – he asked.

– I'm sorry – I replied looking down.

– What about Gerard? – he asked still in shock.

– I can't remember what I felt for him – I shrugged non lifting my eyes.

We remained silent for a moment. Then he hugged me. I was surprised at first, but then I buried my face in his chest.

– You're just confused – he said as we separated.

I blinked not understanding and was about to reply when he shushed me.

– When you remember everything, we'll talk again about this, okay? – his smirk appearing again.

I nodded slowly.

– Thank you – I murmured as he went away.

I lay in bed and buried my face in the pillow, the only sound coming from the TV.

BOB'S P.O.V.

I said goodbye to Gerard and I looked for a moment to her room, up there. I walked out of the house and into my car, gripping the steering wheel.

As much as I'd have loved to return that kiss, she was meant to be with Gerard. She just needed to remember him, then everything would be alright, back to how it was supposed to be.

I arrived home and if my neighbors didn't hate me already, they did by the time I ended with the drums.

That was for sure.