Chapter 19: Because f*** you, that's why

RYLEE'S P.O.V.

I was waken up by my phone ringing. I rubbed my eyes as I looked at my alarm clock, only twenty minutes had passed since I had fallen asleep.

I answered it not knowing who the hell was calling me.

– Hello? – I asked.

– Why did you offer that? – that was...Gerard's voice?

– Gerard? – I frowned a bit.

– Yeah, it's me. Answer my question – he sounded cold.

– Why did I offer what? – I had just being awakened and he was asking weird things.

– Why would you offer your own lung to save mine – I remained silent.

There was an awkward silence that was only broken by Gerard's voice.

– Look, I'm not angry with you. How could I be? – he sighed – You offered your own lung to save my career, but I'm not going to destroy yours to save mine. I won't be operated tomorrow – I was so freaking nervous that I almost puke right there on my bed.

I knew I should have told him, but it wasn't gonna change anything at all.

– I'm not going to sing anymore. I don't care if you accept to be operated or not. I'm not doing it again – The moonlight was the only thing that illuminated the room, so I decided to turn on the light.

I heard a couple of groans and sighs from the other side, then Gerard spoke again.

– Why are you doing this to me? I won't be able to look at you again if I accept it, don't you understand it? – He said.

I ran a hand through my hair.

– Break up with me if necessary, but agree in being operated, please – I begged.

– Are you talking seriously? – he questioned, I guess not believing my words.

I wiped the tears from my cheeks and nodded even when he couldn't see me.

– Yeah – my voice broke and I had to cover the mobile's microphone for him not to hear my sobs.

It was a lot of pressure and I only wanted everything to end in a way or in another. As much as I loved Gerard, if he had to leave me after the surgery, I'd understand it.

– I-I... – then the line went dead.

What?! I looked at the screen shocked to see my mobile had no more battery and to see how it turned off.

GERARD'S P.O.V.