Chapter 45: Roses are red

RYLEE'S P.O.V.

I sat there, staring at the door that few minutes ago had closed Gerard. What did I do? I only informed him of what happened. I hadn't defended Florent. How was I supposed to defend him when I loved Gerard?

I looked down at my plate and played with my salad a bit before sighing. I wasn't hungry anymore, but I forced myself and ate a bit. I threw the rest of the food to the rubbish and put the plates in the sink. I washed them not too later; I needed something to distract myself.

At 3:30 pm, I took my jacket and my bag and left to go to the theater.

As much as I wanted to go and find Gerard, I had to work.

GERARD'S P.O.V.

I walked a lot until I found a comic shop. That relaxed me because I could get lost in some story and forget about real life for a while. I bought a pair of them and went to the nearest park. There I spent an hour or two, just reading.

I went back home at four o'clock. I knew Rylee wasn't going to be there since she had to work, and that gave me some hours to think about what had happened. I had acted like a jerk, but what she said took me by surprise, and I didn't want something like what happened with Bob to occur again.

After fifteen minutes, I started feeling bad because of how I reacted. And you could imagine how I felt two hours later.

I wanted to do something to make it up for her, so first of all, I decided I'd prepare something special. I also decided next time I'd see Florent, I'd have a few words with him.

I found the nearest florist a few streets away from the house, I bought a red rose and headed back home.

Rylee was supposed to finish her job at 7 pm and it was already 5 pm, so I decided I'd go a little bit faster with what I was doing.

I remembered that she had told me a lot of times she liked my red makeup, so I decided I'd put it on. It scared the people somehow but if she liked it, it didn't matter.

I took a shower, dried my hair and put on one of my suits and my red tie. When I was about to go I prepared the food on the table and left it covered so it wouldn't get cold.

When I was about to left the house, I noticed Rylee had left her keys there, what meant she hadn't taken the car. She had gone to work walking?

I sighed and took the keys, then turned off the light and closed the door behind me.

RYLEE'S P.O.V.

I slammed my hand on the piano keys, not remembering which I was supposed to play. Mikelangelo jumped in his spot and stared at me with a worried expression.

– Rylee, I'm not trying to tell you what you have to do, but, maybe you should go home and leave this for tomorrow, don't you think? – he murmured kindly.

I shook my head.

– I'm fine, just not concentrated – I reassured.

– I'll give you five minutes then – he said and stood up, walking out of the room.