Chapter 26: Unexpected end of input

RYLEE'S P.O.V.

I opened my eyes and frowned as I rubbed them, not identifying the room where I was. Then I remembered it, I was in Gerard and I's house.

I patted the bed next to me but found an empty spot; I uncovered my legs and went to the bathroom, just to see that my hair was a mess. I brushed it and then made my way to the living room.

Where the hell was Gerard? Was I supposed to be all the morning alone? I didn't want to.

But I was wrong, because I found Gerard asleep on the couch.

What was he doing there? Oh, maybe he wanted to let me some space. How considerate.

I slightly shook his arm, but he suddenly woke up and fell from the couch.

I didn't know if I should laugh or if I should scream in that moment.

– I'm awake! I'm awake! – he said standing up alarmed.

It wasn't until he saw me that he realized about what was happening.

– Calm down – I said smirking.

– Sorry, what time is it? – he asked while scratching his messy black hair.

– Hmm... ten past nine – I replied after glancing at my watch.

He looked at me with wide eyes.

– Shit, shit, shit! I'm late! – he continued saying as he ran all over the house, from the bedroom to the bathroom and into the kitchen.

I contemplated him as I leaned on the living room's door frame.

– What are you doing? – I asked curiously as he burned his tongue with the coffee he was drinking.

– I'm late for work – he replied catching his bag from the floor and leaving the coffee on the worktop.

– How much time will I be here alone? – I asked with my eyes still on him.

– I'll come back aroun 2 pm, call someone, I think Bob's free – he caught his keys and went to the door, but first passed by my side and pecked my lips.

I froze and he did the same.

– Sorry – he immediately said and left the house, closing the door behind him.

– Doesn't matter – I murmured to myself looking at the already closed door.

I spent most of my morning trying to remember things. For some reason, I couldn't remember Gerard, but I could remember my parents, Frank, Ray, Jamia...

I couldn't place Bob in my life neither but I remembered some things at least.

I thought about the possibility of calling him since Gerard told me that he was free, but what was I supposed to say to him?.