Chapter 8: I'll probably end up puking butterflies

RYLEE'S P.O.V.

I arrived home and left my bag in my room. I was stressed. At least I was going out with Gerard. I had to recognize that I had a crush, but even when I thought he loved me he didn't show it. I sighed, went to the living room and plopped down on the couch next to my mother. She looked at me.

– Gerard's gonna come later, is that okay? – I asked.

– Yes, of course – she said smiling.

I sighed. She frowned.

– What's going on in that mind of yours? – she asked.

– I don't know, I have a lot of things inside my head – I shrugged.

– Maybe it's about a guy? Gerard? – she asked. I blushed and looked down at my nails.

She smiled like a teenager.

– Are you gonna tell him? – she asked curious.

– I don't know... – there was a knock on the door. I stood up and came to open it.

– You should! – mom almost yelled to me.

Gerard looked at me raising an eyebrow.

– You should what? – he asked smiling.

– Nothing – I said as I caught my jacket. I checked I had my mobile phone and my keys before leaving with Gee.

We walked for a while without saying anything but I realized I actually didn't know where we were going.

– So, where are we going? – I asked. He smiled.

– I want to show you a cool place – he said taking my hand when we went in the forest.

An insecure look in my eyes but I decided to go after him. His hand made me feel somehow safe.
We walked a lot before finding a lake with a lot of flowers and trees boarding it; and the sun gave it  all a magic appearance. I had to recognize it was awesome.
Gee should had noticed it too because he was looking at me with a smile plastered on his face.

– You like it? – he questioned. I nodded in silence, then turned to where he was.

– This place is awesome! – I sounded like a little girl but hey! It was awesome! His smile went wider if possible.

– I know, right? – we sat down and just stayed there without saying anything. Just hearing the birds and the movement of the water.

I rested my head on his shoulder. I noticed this was something I used to do when I was around him. He made me feel safe. I really didn't know why, it just happened.
He looked down at me. I lifted my eyes to meet his.

– If you're uncomfortable I can move – I said.

<<Please say it's okay, please say it's okay, please say it's okay>> that was my thought during the whole moment of silence. I realized it started to be more than a simple crush.

– No, no, it's okay – he smiled down at me.

 Suddenly I felt like butterflies in my stomach. Stupid feelings.

– I was just wondering... – he said, catching my attention again.

– Yeah? – I asked.

I just had a deja vu....whatever whatever.

– Well, you remember what I said when I was drunk about me and you...? – he asked. I swallow looking at him.

– I don't want to fight again... – I said, my eyes going to a little butterfly that was in front of us.

– No, no, no...I was just trying to say that... – I looked back at him. I could see he was nervous as fuck.

GERARD'S P.O.V.

How was I supposed to be able to say this to her if I barely was able to talk about normal things? I was the quite guy, the one who was supposed to die alone. I sighed in my mind as I ordered my thoughts.

– I don't want to fight again... – she said, her eyes going to somewhere else.

– No, no, no...I was just trying to say that... – she looked back at me.

Nervous as I was, I breathed deeply to gain some guts. Here came what I was so afraid of, but she needed to know it anyway.
<<Remember when you promised her that there wouldn't be any secrets>> the thought came to my mind. I sighed again in my head.
It was now or never.

– Well, it was true, it is true – I said.

 She stood there in silence. Her head still in my shoulder and her eyes on me.

– And what do you want us to be? – she asked.

Really? I meant, really? Was she just trying to make me say it or what?

– Well...uh...I... – God, why was this so hard? What did I do in the other life?

She blinked still with her eyes on me. Her eyes were so beautiful...What brought me out of my thoughts was a incredible thing in fact.

RYLEE'S P.O.V.

– Well, it was true, and it is true – He said. OMG, so he was saying that he loved me.

I stood there in silence. It was just like a dream to me. I thought that even when he said that he would never want something with me.

– And what do you want us to be? – I asked. Stupid, stupid. Are you retarded or what?

– Well...uh...I... – The words didn't come to his mouth apparently.

I left my instinct took control of myself for a second and I did what I was willing to do since I felt the butterflies in my stomach.
My lips met his. He didn't move for a moment but then he put a hand in my cheek doubtfully.