Chapter 39: If I hadn't been recording...

RYLEE'S P.O.V.

– So, if nobody has a question, we can go home. We'll start rehearsing the play tomorrow morning – the other director said to all of us.

I was pretty ready for starting preparing the play, so I didn't say anything, just waited to see if there was any question. As nobody lifted his hand, we all stood up and said our goodbyes.
So, I walked to the exit, ready to get a taxi whenever I saw one, but I was stopped by someone calling me.

– Hey Rylee – I turned around to find Florent there.

– Yes? – I asked.

– Do you want me to carry you home? – He questioned back.

I realized that he had carried me there in first place.

– No, thanks, I'm taking a taxi – I replied smiling.

– And do you want me to pick you tomorrow? – Florent asked.

I looked at him thinking for a moment, and nodded.

– Sure, I'll call today anyway so I can have my car here as soon as possible,  I don't want to bother you – I said.

– You don't bother me – he smiled at me.

Suddenly, Mikelangelo appeared next to him, resting his head on Florent's shoulder. We both looked at him, and he just gave us a big childish smile.
I couldn't help but smiling.

– So, I'll see you two tomorrow – I poked Mikelangelo's nose and then waved goodbye to them.

– Ohh, you're going so soon? – Mikelangelo pouted.

I frowned for a moment.

– We have to start with the play tomorrow, where do you want to go? – I laughed a little.

That man wanted to go out the night before we started working? Man, we had to rest.

– I prefer to be wide awake tomorrow, but maybe another day – I smiled apologetically. 

– Bye bye then, Rylee! – Mikelangelo replied happily.

Florent laughed a little.

– Bye bye Rylee, have a good night – he said and then I left the place.

I took a taxi and went straight to the hotel. I wasn't really tired, but I wanted to see if Gerard was awake already . After all it was just 5:00 pm in Paris, and Gee was in New York recording with the guys, so there, it was 11:00 am more or less.

I ordered the food so they'd bring it to my room. I turned on my laptop and found out Gerard was was connected, but it was probably that he had left his Fi on in his phone.
I sighed but opened the chat and asked if he was there.
Twenty minutes later more or less, I was eating a yogurt and watching the TV when he decided to reply.

Chat box:

Gerard: Hey! Are you still there? – 5:20 pm.

Me: Yeah, wait, my laptop's running out of battery – 5:23 pm

I replied and almost fell in my way to plug the laptop.

Me: I'm back! :) – 5:26 pm.

Gerard: Hi, I miss you  ): – 5:28 pm.

Me: Yeah, I miss you too, I wish you were here ): – 5:30 pm.

Gerard: Hey! Don't be sad, I'll go as soon as possible, I promise – 5:31 pm.

We talked some more until he had to go to have lunch and then to continue recording. Since I wasn't tired, I took the red folder and started reading it carefully, studying the play. I wanted it to start and to end well.

I didn't realize it was late until I lifted my eyes from my improvised book and looked at the clock. It was 10:30 pm.
Usually, I'd wait to go to sleep, but I was a little tired, and bored, so I ended up going to bed and watching some TV while trying to fall asleep.

GERARD'S P.O.V.

I was sleeping when my mobile phone rang. I opened my eyes confused.
What the hell?
I looked at the clock and it was 11:00 am. I slowly got up and made my way to where my jacket was, rubbing my eyes in the process.
I took my phone and saw a message in the chat box. I had left the Fi on.

Chat box:

Rylee: Are you here? - 11:00 am.

That was 20 minutes ago. It took me twenty minutes to realize I'd received a message on the phone? 

Me: Hey! Are you still there? – 11:20 pm.

Rylee: Yeah, wait, my laptop's running out of battery – 11:23 pm

She replied. While she did that, I made my way to the kitchen and took an apple from the fridge, mobile phone on the other hand.

Rylee: I'm back! :) – 11:26 pm.

Me: I miss you  ): – 11:28 pm.

It was true. In just a couple of days I'd realized of how much she brightened my life.

Rylee: Yeah, I miss you too, I wish you were here ): – 11:30 pm.

Me: Hey! Don't be sad, I'll go as soon as possible, I promise – 11:31 pm.

In fact, if the guys and I hadn't been recording our new CD, The Black Parade, I'd have gone with her  to Paris at least for a couples of weeks.
Without noticing it, lunch time arrived and I had to eat something and tidy the house a bit before leaving and going to the studio.