Chapter 46: I love you baby

RYLEE'S P.O.V.

– Awww – I cooed as Gerard offered me one of the cupcakes he'd taken from the fridge.

He slightly blushed and looked away for a moment. He was so cute

– You're the best boyfriend ever – I reassured as I looked at the cupcake before biting it.

Our eyes met and we flashed each other a smile. I wanted this moment to last forever. But my phone rang.
I frowned as I left the cupcake on the table and went to take it. It was ten pm., who was calling at this time? The ID caller said it was Matt.

– What's up Matt? – I asked as I answered the phone.

Gerard frowned and looked at me as he left his cupcake on the table too. His eyes asked me for an explanation of what was happening, but I didn't have one so I just shrugged.

– I know it's late, but I call to tell you that Claire Pérot has called me and told me that she doesn't want to continue working with us, that she wants to dedicate all her time to movies and TV series – I frowned.

– Really? – I scratched my hair.

What were we supposed to do with an actress less? We didn't have the time to prepare another woman like we did with Claire. That situation sucked.

– We'll start with the auditions tomorrow, don't be late, okay? – he said.

– Yeah, I'll be there at time, don't worry, bye – I hanged up and sighed loudly.

I turned around just to face a confused Gerard, still sat in the same spot.

– What's wrong? – he asked worried.

I sat down in front of him like before and played a bit with the cupcake.

– We have an actress less and we don't have time to prepare another one – I sighed again, frustrated.

Gerard tilted his head a bit, his eyes on the cupcake for a moment, then he motioned for me to come closer. I stood up and he made me sat on his lap.

– Don't worry – he said.

I rested my head on his chest. That day had been too long, too fucking long. I closed my eyes, really trying to fall asleep. Gerard's heart's beating sound comforted me.

He stroked my hair softly, and started singing The World is Ugly, one song that he had written but hadn't showed it to anyone but me. That day when he sang it to me, he said that if that song was recorded, it'd be the end of the band. I didn't understand it because it was a really beautiful song, but I didn't say anything to him.

Gerard surrounded me with his arms and lifted me up, carrying me bridal style to bed. I just let him do it. He lay next to me, wrapped his arms around me and kissed my cheek. I couldn't help but smiling at that. He was so sweet when he wanted to.
Soon he was asleep, his chest going up and down calmly. As much as I wanted to sleep, there were too many things running through my mind.
I closed my eyes and tried to fell asleep, but couldn't. An hour or two later, I decided I'd go to the living room and watch some TV.

I removed Gerard's arms from me and stood up quietly, trying to make as less noise as possible.
I sat down on the couch, turned on the TV and searched for something interesting. I ended up watching a series about a couple of friends living together in a small flat. Whatever, I just needed something to clear my mind.

GERARD'S P.O.V.

I opened my eyes slowly, rubbed them and looked at my watch. 3 am.
I looked around but there was no sight of Rylee in the room. An empty spot next to me where she was supposed to be.
I scratched my hair carelessly as I stood up, gaining some more conscious thanks to the cold floor.
Where were my shoes when I needed them?
I made my way to the living room and found Rylee there, her eyes on the TV with a bored expression. When I came closer she lifted her eyes and looked at me, a little smile forming on her lips.

– Hey – I mumbled while lifting her legs from the couch for a moment, leaving them on my lap after sitting down.

– Hi...did I woke you up? – she asked frowning a bit. I denied.

– No, don't worry – I said and blinked twice. I was tired, but also interested in why was she there and not sleeping.

– I can't sleep – she answered to my internal question.

– Why? – I wondered, unconsciously rubbing her legs with one hand.

She shrugged and sighed.

– Too many things in mind, I guess – she replied.

I stopped rubbing her legs and lay next to her. I didn't know where she had found that couch but it was giant.

– Everything has a solution but death – I said as I buried my face in the side of her neck.

– I guess you're right – Rylee turned around, facing me.

I wrapped an arm around her waist and kissed the tip of her nose.

– You know, this reminds me of that night in your mother's house, when I had to stay there because my mother told me so – she smiled.

I frowned a bit. I didn't like to remember those years of my life, when I spent most of the time drunk or unconscious. But I was glad that she was there for me and after all, I would have changed just a few things.

– Well, at least you're not angry with me now – I said and laughed sadly.

– I wasn't angry with you, I was sad – she murmured.

I closed my mouth and stared at her; her mind was in somewhere else.

– What matters now is that we're together – I said, caressing her cheek with my left hand.

Rylee closed her eyes while I did it, and before I could say anything else, I started to notice how her chest went up and down calmer. She was falling asleep.
I waited until she was totally asleep and then carried her back to bed. As soon as I lay down, she turned around and came closer to me, her face inches away from mine. I smiled and closed my eyes.
I loved that girl.