Chapter 37: Okay, that was weird

RYLEE'S P.O.V.

(A/N: They speak in French, so if I don't say the contrary, they'll be speaking in French)

They looked at me surprised.

– Who are you? – I asked crossing my arms over my chest.

I was expecting to find an empty room with a big bed and peace, not a room full of people I didn't know.

– Are you Rylee Stump? – The girl asked, still a little surprised by my sudden appearance.

I nodded.

– Yeah, who are you? – I demanded again.

– Oh, sorry – the blond guy say standing up and coming next to me with a bright spot in his eyes that I didn't like.

– My name is Mikelangelo Loconte, but you can call me Mikele – he said too close for me liking it.

I looked at the two others, watching how they face-palmed themselves.

– My name is Maeva Meline – the girl said, standing up.

Finally, I stared at the guy that had been looking outside the window. He returned the look and smiled kindly.

– I'm Florent Mothe, and sorry for my friend – he presented himself and slightly pointed in my direction to the guy next to me.

– Ooookay, and, what are you doing in my hotel room? – I asked running a hand through my hair.

– We wanted to see who was the director of our new play – Mikelangelo said smiling “seductively”.

I opened my mouth but Florent spoke first.

– Actually, he insisted in coming, we just came to make sure he didn't do anything stupid – he had this smile on his face that was kind of contagious but I was trying not to smile.

I nodded.

– How did you enter here? – I asked, suddenly realizing about it.

– A cleaner let us in – Mikelangelo shrugged.

Maeva face-palmed herself.

– Okay, I'm too tired to be angry because of this so I'll just forget about it – I said as I let my hands fall from my hips.

Mikelangelo was going to say something, but Maeva smacked his arm and pointed to the door.

– We should go and let her have some rest – she ordered.

He put puppy eyes but ended up waving goodbye and walked to the door.

– Sorry for the unexpected visit, we'll see you tomorrow at the theater – She said and opened the door.

In that moment, Florent and I were the only ones left in the room. He made his way to the door, his hands in his jeans pockets. When he passed next to me he dedicated me another smiled and wished me a good night.

Finally, I was alone.

I took my bag and walked to the bedroom; it was beautiful.

I left the bag on the floor and jumped on the bed, lying in the comfy mattress.

I was debating myself between falling asleep there without even changing my clothes or taking a bath and then head to sleep after a good dinner.

In the end I opted for the second one.

~»~

I was putting a foot in the bath when my phone started ringing.

Fuck!

I took it out and ran to the other room, leaving wet footprints on the floor.

I'd have to dry that later.

I rummaged between my things and finally found my phone. Had I mentioned I was naked? Oh well, I didn't feel the necessity of putting anything on until I started to have cold. It wasn't easy to put a towel around myself with just one hand though.

I looked at the phone screen to see it was Gerard.

– Hey – I said happily.

– Hi, I just called because I miss you – he said.

I stuck my bottom lip. How cute.

– You're so cute when you want – I said smiling.

I could tell he was blushing in that moment.

– So...how was your flight? – he asked after clearing his throat.

– Good, good, I'm a little tired though – I said and yawned.

– Oh, you were going to sleep? Sorry, go to sleep, we'll talk tomorrow or another day – he replied alarmed.

– No! No, it's okay Gee, I was just going to have a bath, seriously, it's okay – I reassured.

I actually decided to take the bath while speaking with Gerard, making sure of not dropping my phone in the water.

~»~

– Goodnight Gee, love you – I replied and then hanged out the phone.

After the shower, I decided a dinner wasn't so necessary, so I went directly to bed.

Thinking about it, it had been a really weird day and the next day was probably gonna be more or less the same.

Also, that guy...Mikelangelo, he kind of reminded me of Frankie; that thought made me smile.

When my back touched the comfortable bed, I knew I was going to rest like a baby.