Chapter 47: Not a f***ing babysitter

RYLEE'S P.O.V.

*Five months later*

I was nervous as fuck. The theater was filling up slowly. I stopped walking and drank some water. That was the first time that I stopped in the whole afternoon. I imagined it'd be less stressing. Sooner that I wanted to, I had to go back to work, helping people with their clothes, checking that everything was going well and without problems...

One hour left to start and there was no sign of Florent. Where the hell was that guy? For fuck's sake, it was not the day to decide to stay at home. I dialed his number but there was no answer.

– Have you seen Florent? – I asked Mikelangelo once he had finished helping Maeva with her shoes. It was impossible for her to put them on with the dress she was wearing.

 Mikelangelo denied with a serious expression. I tried and called Florent again; still no answer.

 I went to the main area and found Matt directing the sound check.

– Hey Matt, I'm going to go and find Florent. I swear that I'll kill him after the play – I said as I took my bag. He nodded and returned to work.

I went out of the theater just to notice that I'd come walking because I needed fresh air. Fuck. I wasn't walking to Florent's house. Fuck no. My lungs wouldn't even resist it.

I dialed Gerard's number. It rang three times and I was about to hang up when he picked up the phone. First I heard him swearing, but then he answered.

– Hello? – he said. He sounded breathless.

– Hey Gee, were you doing something important? – I asked frowning.

– Uh? No, no, I was having a shower and almost fell because of that fucking table – he groaned.

– Oh, well, anyway, can you come and pick me up with the car? I have to go and find...Florent – I said in the end. He still hadn't forgiven him for what happened months ago.

– Uh...I guess yes, anything for you babe, you know it. Let me get dressed and I'll be there in ten minutes – he replied not amused.

– Thanks, I love you – I said. He returned it and we hung up the phone.

I came back inside and waited there, helping with everything until Gerard came in looking for me.

– Let's go find that fucker – he mumbled.

-- I like your hair -- I replied as I ran a hand through his hair casually.

He rolled his eyes but slightly smiled, and we made our way to the door and into the car. I directed him to Florent's flat. When I reached the main door of the building and came in I realized the elevator was broken and I had to go to the fourth floor. I came out of the building again and walked to the car. Gerard was there, listening to the radio. He looked up at me and frowned.

– What's wrong? – he wondered.

– I hate to ask you to do this, but I can't go all the way up using the stairs, I'd die – I said.

You could see his expression already changing as he noticed what I was asking him to do.

– Can you go for me? – I asked hopeful.

His jaw fell to the floor.

– Are you fucking serious? – he groaned.

– Please Gerard, I'd do it, but I gave you half of my lung, remember? – I replied, half pleading.

He glared at me for using that reasoning and stared at me for a while before sighing heavily and getting out of the car, turning off the radio.

– Where do I have to go? – he groaned.

I kissed him deeply before telling him everything he needed to know and then waited there, sitting in the car. I turned on the radio again and let Iron Maiden fill the air.

GERARD'S P.O.V.

I couldn't believe she was actually asking me to go and find that fucker. I swore I was going to kill him if I had the chance to do it. I walked upstairs until I reached the fourth floor. I knocked on the door annoyed. No one came to open the it. I knocked again, harder. That time, there was noise in the other side of the door and after a little bit of stumbling, he opened the it.

I crossed my arms over my chest. His eyes grew wide when he saw me.

– H-hello...? – he stammered.

Oh for fuck's sakes, was he drunk? I groaned and face-palmed.

– Really, dude? – I said.

He shrugged drunkenly. I breathed deeply and pushed him back inside the house and into the bathroom after a minute searching for it. I pushed him into the shower and turned it on. He complained, but I wasn't in the mood for a drunken man whining. When he was half sober again he started with the questions.

The whole situation pissed me off. First because I didn't like him at all and finally because I had been there too, and I noticed in that moment how annoying it was to clear a drunken mind.

– What are you doing here? – he wondered once.

– Today's the premiere, so get out of the freaking shower, dry yourself, get dressed and go down the stairs and into the car before I push you downstairs – I groaned and turned around, making my way back to the living room and out of it.

Just in case, I waited in the hallway until he appeared, full dressed and conscious. We walked downstairs in silence, it only being broken by Rylee when we reached the car. She turned off the radio as I satt in the driver seat.

Florent sat down in the backseat in silence, but Rylee started scolding him. I just enjoyed the moment while driving.

When we arrived to the theater, they both came out of the car. Florent came in directly but Rylee walked to me as I came out too. I instantly knew what she needed. I opened my arms for her and she buried her face in my chest for a moment.

– Thank you – she murmured against my chest.

I kissed the top of her head.

– I'll see you later, go inside, they probably need you – I replied and smiled down at her.

She just sighed and nodded. We kissed for a moment and then she made her way into the theater, closing the door behind her.

Time to go to the airport.