Chapter 18: Life's soft kiss.

RYLEE'S P.O.V.

Three days later and he was still in the hospital. I let the guys with him that day. I needed to think and also I had a concert that night. I didn't want to sing but my fans were there for me. That was when an idea came to my mind.

I organized everything for what I planned.

I was giving Gerard half of my lung. That meant that I was the one who was going to stop singing, but I still had photography, for Gerard, singing was his life even with his art skills.

The doctor accepted it and so I prepared for my last show. We went on stage and I left my voice there. I sang as I had never sung.

I was going to miss this in really.

~»~

When we did our last song, I asked the crowd to be quiet for a moment.

– I've been singing for three years now, and I'm so proud that we got this far in such a short period of time – they cheered.

– But for me, this is the end, this is my last show and I really hope that you have had fun – there wasn't any sound at all. A tear rolled down my cheek.

– I'm giving you the reason why I'm doing this. You know that I'm dating Gerard Way, the love of my life and MCR's singer. We had an accident and he has lost half of his lung – I explained everything. They were my fans, almost my family, they deserved to know.

~»~

I signed posters and made some photos with fans before leaving. I received a lot of hugs from them. Oh, how I loved them. They were so supportive.

I went to our house and took a relaxing shower. I changed in some casual clothes and went to the hospital. I needed to know how he was.

~»~

I came in the room and found Frankie and Bob there with a sleeping Gerard.

– Hey Rylee – Bob half hugged me.

– Hi, how's he? – I asked tapping my fingers in the end of the bed.

– Today he needed to use an oxygen tank to breath well – Frank said looking at me with the most concerned look I'd ever seen on his face.

Bob rested his head on mine for a moment, caressing my arm.

– I have to tell you something, guys – they both looked at me.

I told them everything and they didn't seem too pleased. They kept saying that there must be some other option.

The decision was made and I wasn't changing my mind.

In that moment the doctor came in and asked if he could talk to me for a moment. I followed him outside the room and into his office.

We talked about all the details. The operation was the next day.

That was a hard decision, and I wasn't gonna lie, I was scared as fuck. The visiting hours were going to be over soon and Ray was the one staying that night.

I needed to rest for the operation.

Frank left me at home and told me he would come for me the next day. He was a really good friend. Even when he didn't like the idea, he respected my decision.

GERARD'S P.O.V.

I woke up to have dinner. The hospital food was a shit, but it was better than nothing. That day I had been having problems to breath. I also didn't see Rylee since the previous day.

Ray told me she had been there but when I was asleep.

It was a shit to be asleep the whole day because of the pain. I didn't know what I would do after leaving the hospital. The doctor had told me that I would be able to sing again and I needed to get used to the idea.

Ray and I were talking about everything when a doctor came in, but he was a different one.

– Mr. Way, I'm doctor Williams and I'm going to operate you tomorrow – I frowned.

– Nobody told me about tomorrow's operation – I said and looked at Ray who shrugged.

– It was a decision that was made today because we have a compatible donor of organs.– he replied putting down the folder he had in his hands.

– Who's him or her? – I questioned curious.

– Hm...Ms. Stump, I think you know her – he said. My jaw almost fell to the floor.

What? Like, really, what? In what was Rylee thinking? She couldn't do it. She just couldn't.

Ray looked at me surprised too.

– What if I don't want to be operated? – I murmured more to myself than as a question.

– The final decision is yours, but I recommend you to do it, she seemed very concerned when she talked to us about it – he left the room.

Ray and I looked at each other. What should I do? I leaned on bed, suddenly not wanting to continue eating.