Chapter 65: Just relax

GERARD'S P.O.V.

The announcement of me leaving the tour due to personal business had been sent along with the apology I had written. Or at least Frankie told me that.

I checked my twitter account only to see it full of messages from the fans asking what was wrong, some luck wishes...but also negative comments.

I was totally conscious of what I had done and I didn't regret it. I could go to those places in any moment, but Rylee was in the hospital now.

I sat down in a chair in the airport and took out of my handbag my sketch book, but my frustration didn't let my imagination flow. All because of that Emilien. I didn't trust him. I didn't know why, but there was something about him that I didn't like.

Twenty minutes later the passengers of the flight D067 were called. I stood up, took my handbag and made my way to the entrance.

I spent half of the flight listening to music and looking outside the window. It wasn't until my mp4's battery died that I tried to sleep.

~»~

The voice of the air hostess through the speakers made me wake up. I stretched a bit and waited impatiently.

Since Rylee had changed the place where she lived, I didn't know where to go, so I sat down in the waiting zone of the airport and dialed her number. She me she'd send Florent with the keys since he was there with her in that moment.

I sighed heavily when I hung up the phone. Florent. I ran a hand through my hair and stood up. Lets take a taxi then.

~»~

As soon as I arrived and paid the taxi driver, I made my way upstairs with my suitcase and waited there for Florent. He came not too much time later and, after an awkward greeting, he gave me the keys. I opened the door, left my suitcase in the bedroom and looked for Rylee's car keys.

Fortunately for my mental sanity, Florent had left saying he had to go somewhere.

I had the keys, now it was time to find where she had parked it.

At least it wasn't too far from the building main door.

~»~

Thanks to the collaboration of the nurse in the reception of the hospital, irony, I had to call Rylee to ask her which room was hers.

I practically ran upstairs the two floors and knocked on the door before coming in.

Three people raised their eyes to look at me.

RYLEE'S P.O.V.

Gerard had called. He was there; and I waited impatiently to see him again. It'd been so long...

I was supposed to go out of the hospital that day or the next one, but the doctor had to see me first.

That day Florent visited me, and I had no other option that to send him when Gerard called because he needed the keys of the flat.

Soon Florent was replaced by Emilien and Sophie. I liked their company, but I wanted Gerard not them.

– Hi – Sophie had cheered when she had come in, followed by her father.

I greeted her and Emilien with a “hello” and a smile.

He had brought her daughter with him because he had no other option, because we both thought that a hospital wasn't a place for a healthy kid.

– I thought you said she'd stay with her aunt – I told Emilien while Sophie drew.

– Marie was working – he took a look at Sophie and sighed.

~»~

Half an hour later, there was a knock on the door. I raised my eyes from the drawing Sophie had given me to the door. A yellow haired man came in slowly; my smile growing bigger each step he was closer.

– We'll leave you two alone. Sophie, say goodbye – Emilien said, a smile decorating his face as he offered his hand for his daughter to take it.

Sophie waved her little hand in my direction, took his father's hand and they both left the room.

Gerard followed them both with his eyes and then finally ended with the distance between us.

– I've missed you – he told me between kisses.

– I've missed you too – I replied as I cupped his face in my hands.

~»~

I sat down on the couch. The doctor had told me I had to rest. That meant I couldn't take the plane to New Jersey and also that I had to stop working. That was going to be boring, but at least I had Gee with me.

– What are you going to do here if you want to stay till the baby is born? – I had asked him that day.

– I'll continue with the comic – he had replied.

So there we were. I rested my head on his shoulder; he kissed the top of it.

– I almost forgot, I bring you this – he said as he stood up, went to the bedroom and back with a book in his right hand.

I took it, not understanding anything until I saw the cover. He brought me my favorite book.

Aww.

– Aww, thank you – I pecked his lips after leaving the book next to me on the couch.

GERARD'S P.O.V.

I hummed the lyrics to Famous Last Words while I put in the microwave a cup of water. Rylee wanted a tea.

– How are the guys? – she asked from her position in the living room.

– Fine. They all miss you and want you back as soon as possible – I replied; my words followed by the ding of the microwave.

I gave the cup and sat down again next to her with a cup of coffee in my hands.

– I missed the smell of coffee and after shave – she murmured and rested her head on my shoulder.

I smiled to myself and sipped some coffee. I could definitely get used to that again.