Chapter 5 : A way to say I'm sorry

RYLEE'S P.O.V.

My parents left and told me to go to Mikey's house when I was ready. I sighed and left the Friday afternoon.

Not too much time after I arrived, Mikey appeared in the door. He came to me and hugged me, then smiled and kissed her mother's cheek.

– What's up Ry? – he said while taking me to his room.

– Not too much I guess – I slightly smiled.

We continued talking until someone opened the door. I knew perfectly who it was just because of the smell of alcohol. I didn't looked at him, just stared at the ground. He closed the door and we heard how he walked to the basement.

– How much time he's been like this? – I asked, not really wanting to hear the answer.

– Since you both argued – Mikey answered in a low tone.

I didn't want to but I had to talk to him. I stood up. Mikey looked at me confused.

– I'm going to talk to him. He's going to kill himself if he continues like that – Mikey sighed.

– Good luck – I smiled a little.

I went to the basement and opened the door a bit. The smell of alcohol and the loud music inundated everything. Gerard was on the ground with his head on the couch and his eyes on the ceiling.

I sat down next to him. He looked at me.

– Ryyleeee – he said, he was clearly drunk. I put his bangs away from his eyes.

– Gee – suddenly, he started crying and curled up in my lap. I stroked his hair till he stopped sobbing.

– Are you better? – I asked. He nodded but kept in the same position.

I cradled him in my arms and kissed the top of his head.

– Can you forgive me? – he asked in a low voice.

– I'm not angry with you Gee – I smiled friendly.

We kept quite for a moment and then I noticed his breath became normal. I looked at him to find out he was asleep in my lap like a little boy. I smiled and continued stroking his hair.

He moved a little and hugged me, resting his head in my chest since I was almost laying on the floor.

– Rylee...I...miss...you... – was he talking asleep? He looked so cute.

– Rylee – Mikey opened the basement's door and looked at me.

– Help me, let's put him on the couch – I said in a very low tone.

He nodded and we left him sleeping on the couch. I put a blanket over him and kissed his forehead before leaving the basement.

GERARD'S P.O.V.

Someone opened the door a bit. I was on the ground with my head on the couch and my eyes on the ceiling.

Rylee sat down next to me. I looked at her.

– Ryyleeee – I said, I've missed her so much.

She put my bangs away from my eyes. Being in contact with her soft skin; she was so perfect.

– Gee – I started crying and curled up in her lap.

She stroked my hair till I stopped sobbing. I felt so stupid. I needed her with me; she was my support.

– Are you better? – She asked.

I nodded but kept in the same position. It was so comfortable...

She cradled me in her arms and kissed the top of my head. I think I blushed a little.

– Can you forgive me? – I asked in a low voice. More like an attempt of begging.

– I'm not angry with you Gee – she smiled. That smirk continued making me melt.

I was falling asleep in her lap. I hadn't sleep in days and she was so warm and comfortable...I actually fell asleep with Rylee stroking my hair.

I woke up in the basement couch. I stood up confused. My eyes were puffy and my head was going to explode. Another funny night of crying and drinking Gerard? I sighed.

I looked at my watch to see it was 1 am. I went to the kitchen because I needed some water and found Rylee there with her laptop.

I frowned. Wasn't it a dream?

– Hey, are you better? – she said smiling at me.

– I thought it was a dream – I smiled to myself.

She looked at me confused.

– I'm glad you're here Ry – I said and hugged her. She hugged back.

She nodded and smiled to me again. We stood there in silence for a moment.

– Gee – she said while turning off her computer.

– Yeah? – I asked after drinking some water.

– Can you promise me something? – I turned around to face her and frowned a little.

– Sure, what do you want? – her eyes met mines and I almost lost myself in them.

– Promise me you are going to stop drinking – I sat down in front of her in silence for a moment.

– Gee...? – she asked because I didn't say anything.

– I promise you I'm going to stop drinking – she smiled and bit her lower lip.

She stood up and took her laptop from the table.

– Goodnight Gee – she said.

– Rylee – I called. She turned around.

– Yes? – I doubted for a moment but continued.

– Can you stay with me tonight? – she looked at me confused but then smirked and slightly nodded.

 – Every time you need me I'll be there for you Gerard – she said as we went to my room.