Chapter 1: Mad World

RYLEE'S P.O.V.

– AHHHH!! – I yelled when I saw Frankie coming out of my locker.

He laughed at me as I hit his shoulder.

– Come on Ry, it was just a joke! – he said rubbing his shoulder with his left hand.

– You almost make me have a heart attack, you idiot – I caught my history book and closed the locker.

I glared at him. He pouted. I sighed as I let my black hair go from a pony tail into a waterfall in my back. Frankie looked at me with a confused look.

– What's wrong? – he asked looking at me up and down.

– I hate this uniform – I said, he laughed.

– We all do, Ry – he shrugged.

I waved goodbye to him as I came to my History class. This was going to be a long hour. Then I had Biology and German. Yep, I was studying German.

~»~

At lunch, I came where the guys were. They were under a big old tree, seeing it was the only peaceful place in all the high school.

I sat down next to Frankie and Bob; in front of me Gerard was sketching something in a notebook and Ray was eating a sandwich.

Suddenly, Frankie licked my cheek. That was it.

– Ughhhhhhhhh! – I said while cleaning my cheek, standing up and chasing him.

– You're so fucking dead, Frank Iero – I used his full name just to make clear the fact that I was pissed off.

– You don't have any sense of humor – he mocked on me while running.

Gerard caught his leg and made him fall to the ground. I smiled widely and cracked my knuckles; fear plastered on his face.

I started hitting him playfully and then stood up and sat down next to Gerard, watching him drawing.

He was sketching a cartoon character that looked quite similar to Ray.

– Oh my god, this is amazing, Gee – I said. He lifted his eyes to me, smiled and then went back to his drawing.

Gerard wasn't a very talkative person. Maybe because of all the bulling he suffered back in school. Even in high school there was bulling, but we just didn't give a fuck about that anymore.

Ashley Kingston passed us and came next to the rest of the cheerleaders. Stupid blond girls. Then his boyfriend, one of the members of the football team, passed us too and threw a water balloon to Gerard's head, wetting the entire drawing; also Gerard and me.

I stood up and went directly to that stupid dude. He stood up and looked at me with superiority.

– What do you want, little emo? – he asked. Emo? Who the fuck was he to call me "emo"?

– Just this – I said and then kicked him in the balls. He fell to the ground with his hands in where I kicked.

I turned around to see the guys looking at me with wide eyes and also to see the principal looking at me with crossed arms. Fuck.

– What do you think you are doing, Miss Stump? – I shrugged.

– He thew us a water balloon first – I looked back to where the dude was. He was sat on the grass with a hurt look.

– Miss Stump, Mark Kriket is one of the most important members of the football team, you can't do that – my face was covered with a "are you fucking kidding" expression.