Chapter 2: Stop thinking, you're scaring me

RYLEE'S P.O.V.

I entered the room to find my parents sitting on the couch, serious expressions on their faces.

They told me to sit down.

–The high school principal called this afternoon saying you are expelled for 3 days, what happened Rylee? – my father, Kent, asked. Oh shit.

–You aren't a bad student, Ry – my mother, Amy, said.

–I hit a guy – I told them and they looked at me with disapproving looks.

–Wait! He was bullying me and the guys, I just defended us – I stood up.

–Well, it's fair if you were defending yourself but there are other ways... – Kent said.

–The principal told me in my face that the guy I hit was a member of the football team and that he was more important than me – I crossed my arms over my chest.

They frowned.

–We'll talk to him as soon as we can – Amy frowned.

–Thanks – I said and turned around, going to my bedroom.

–Wait! You hit someone instead of talking to us first, you are punished for that – Amy said. I sighed and turned around.

They had weird ways of punishing me.

–No jeans or trousers for 3 days, just skirts and dresses – she smiled. My jaw fell to the floor.

–Anything except that, please – I begged. She denied. I sighed loudly and went to my bedroom.

I changed into my pajamas: a pair of black shorts and a green tank top; and said goodbye to my pants for 3 days. Since I wasn't tired, I decided to turn on my laptop. Gerard was on Skype so we started talking. We did a video call.

–Hi – I waved and he did the same.

–How was it? – he asked.

–Well, not as bad as I thought, or maybe worse than I thought – I shrugged. He smiled.

–Are you punished? – I nodded.

–But I can go out and those things, I just can't wear pants – he raised an eyebrow.

Suddenly Frankie appeared in the screen next to Gerard.

–You can't wear pants?! – he didn't seem too disappointed with the idea.

–What are you doing there? – I asked.

–He is staying here tonight – Gerard explained.

–Whatever, whatever...so that means you have to wear skirts and dresses? – Frankie asked.

–Yes – I sighed.

Frankie was thinking and that scared me. Gerard elbowed him in the ribs.

–Thanks Gee – I said, he smiled.

We continued talking but it was getting late so I had to leave.

–Bye guys, see you tomorrow – I said and dedicated them a smirk.

–Bye bye, Ry – Gerard waved and Frankie screamed from behind.

–We love you!! – They made a heart with their fingers. I couldn't help but to laugh.

I turned off the computer and went to bed.

~»~

It was 3 a.m. when my phone started buzzing. I took it and saw it was Gerard. WTF?

–Hello? – I answered in a low tone.

–Ryleeeeeee – Gerard said extending the “e”. Was he drunk?

–Gee, it's 3 in the morning. What do you want? – I asked confused.

–I love you – Now I was even more confused.

–What? Gee, are you drunk? – there was some noise and then Mikey took the phone.

–I'm sorry Ry, he's drunk again – he said in a sleepy tone.

–No problem Mikey, take care of him, please. See you tomorrow at high school? – I sighed.

–Yeah, see you tomorrow – he said and then hung out.

I went back to sleep thinking of Gerard. Was it true or what he had said was just a stupidity?