Secrets And Silverfinger

Skyler's P.O.V

"And Skyler."

I shot my head up looking at everyone. "What?"

"It goes for anyone with a connection to the supernatural." Allison repeated and I nodded my head acting like I understood what was going on. "Sky are you even listening?"

"That depends would you believe me if I said yes?" I remarked and Allison rolled her eyes before going back to clean up Argents cuts.

He fell in the wrong fight with some people.

"Hey, you okay?" Scott whispered, looking down at me and I gave him a nod.

I don't think my impulsive lying was working anymore. I should really start going into mind tricks.

He gave me the whole guilt-trip look and I groaned giving in. I could never win with him.

"I am doing great Scott. Now can we go back to the really interesting and detailed story about the weirdly cool ninjas?" I mused and Scott narrowed his eyes at me still waiting for the words he wanted to hear. "No I am not fine. Now I'll tell you later this is getting interesting."

Scott sighed and we both looked back at Argent.

"A kumicho. A yakuza boss. It was my first gun deal. I was only 18 and it was supposed to be a simple exchange. Except Gerard left out the minor detail of the buyers being yakuza. He wanted to see if I could adapt in the moment. Testing my ability to improvise."

Half of the words he was saying was way out of my vocabulary range.

"Or your ability to survive." I corrected. Didn't expect any less of the old hag.

Gerard was a right pain in the ass.

"The moment the sun went down it was like they just materialised out of the shadows. They had swords, not curved like katanas but straight, black steel. Like ninjatos."

"Cool." I muttered under my breath but apparently it wasn't quite enough. "Sorry, proceed with the creepy story."

"What did they want?" Scott asked.

"To get to the kumicho. They cut down every living thing in their way."

That was the not-so -cool part.

"Did they mark him like they did us?" Isaac asked and we both placed our hands behind our ear at where we were both marked.

"Not exactly. They drove a sword through him. He wasn't normal. There was something supernatural about him. Something dark."

Argent should really go into story-telling. He pulls off the whole dramatic tone thing.

And I'm trailing off again. Focus Sky!

"What was he?" Allison asked and Argent shrugged.

"I don't know. But there might be someone who does. There were a few others who survived that night. One of them was a man named Katashi."

"Okay what is with the complicated names?! Can he not just name himself Steve to make this simpler?!" I whined and they all narrowed their eyes at me giving me the usual, 'not the time' look. "Sorry. We were on about Steve."

Out of everyone Isaac let out a laugh but as soon as Allison glared it him he tried to cover it up with a cough.

I winked at him and he smirked looking towards me.
Sometimes he wasn't that useless. But I still wasn't over the kiss thing.

"They called him Silverfinger because of an unusual prosthetic. And it looked like he was getting ready to take them all on himself. I've known for a while Katashi was in the country. I spent yesterday tracking him down."