Burning And The Overlooked

Skyler's P.O.V

I jumped out of the jeep with Scott and Stiles. Damn it was really cold. The rain couldn't be any worse.

I watched as Stiles ran over next to Scott with a baseball bat as we followed Derek who seemed to have a really tight grip on Jennifer.

"What's that?!" Scott yelled trying to speak over the rain.

"Well, you got claws. I got a bat." Stiles answered and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"You sure you know how to use that big guy?!" I yelled and Stiles rolled his eyes as we all rushed into the hospital.

At least he responded.

We were heading for the lift until Melissa stopped us. "Scott! Scott! What are you doing here? The hospital's evacuating."

"We're here for Cora." I quickly answered and Melissa looked over at Stiles, Jennifer and Derek.

"What, all of you?" She asked and then her eyes landed in Stiles. "Why does Stiles have my bat? And why does Skyler look like she got in a fight and lost."

Hey! I dont loose fights!

"Mom, just trust me on this. You need to get out of here. Right now." Scott ordered and Melissa hesitated but then sighed.

"The building is supposed to be clear in 30 minutes. We've got two ambulances that are coming back. One's 10 minutes out, the other's 20. Cora needs to be on one of those. They'll be picking up in the basement garage." Melissa explained clearly and Scott nodded.

"Got it."

I was about to trail behind Scott until I looked back at Melissa. I rushed back to her and balled my hands into fists. Oh I'm so going to regret asking.

"How much help do you need getting out of here?" I quickly asked and Melissa raised her eyebrows.

"As much as I can get." I nodded at her response and then heard Scott call my name.

"Sky?!"

"Go without me. No one gets hurt because of us." I said and Scott narrowed his eyes at me and I gave him a reassuring nod. "Go."

I looked back over at Melissa who was examining my face. "What happened?"

I let out a nervous laugh before fiddling with my fingers.

"The usual. You know the whole supernatural force trying to kill me." I tried making a joke but right now everyone was too serious. "What do you need help with?"

"Try get everyone out of here. I'll help all the doctors clear their patients out. If rooms are empty make sure you put a red 'x' on the door." She instructed handing me some red tape and I gave her a sharp nod before making my way to all the patients rooms.

I rushed passed all the doors that had red crosses taped to the doors. Not bad for a hospital that always getting attacked by the supernatural.

I heard a door squeak open and turned my head towards the direction it came from. The door did have a Red Cross on it but I could hear heavy breathing from the room.

I furrowed my eyebrows clenching my hands into a fist. Okay in the horror movies I would usually die.

By now I should be dead so that's a given. Do I really want to risk dying, or do I wanna take the chances of saving someone? Or am I just being totally paranoid?!

Dammit Sky just choose one!

Looks like I'm risking my life for my potential death. Nothing new.