Playing With Fire (3b)

Skyler's P.O.V

I got out of the car still distressed about my Dad. He still wouldn't answer my calls. I was waiting for some bad news to happen.

Something along the lines of I just lost the only parent I had left.

Anything bad. Nothing good ever lasts long and as big of a relief it was finding everyone else's guardians mine was still somewhere.

"Skyler could we talk for a second?" Stiles asked as Argent drove off after giving us a curt nod.

Sheriff was at the station sorting out everything with the FBI being here. He said he wouldn't take long so we had Argent give us a lift home.

"Stiles not now, I just need to be alone."

"Sky–"

"Stiles," I turned on my heel and my face met his front as he crashed into me.

He held onto my forearms lightly to keep my balance and he seemed calm. Yeah his Dad was back. I had no idea where mine was.

"Skyler stop rushing."

"I just want to be alone," I looked at him in all sincerity. That's all I wanted. That's it.

Alone trying to find my dad.

"Okay. I guess I'll just be alone with you," he raised his hands up so he was no longer holding me.

He knew that's not what I meant. But it's better than him wanting to make conversation.

I began walking again and Stiles quietly followed behind me as if he were waiting for something to happen.

That's when I noticed it from the corner of my eye.

The kitchen window was fogged up. Like there was some sort of smoke inside.

Which was weird since the last time I checked I was the only one currently living in the house and actually knew how to cook since Dad would almost burn the house down.

Holy shit!

I didn't say anything and made sure to run as fast as I could into the house and into the kitchen.

Through the smoke I saw a tall figure in the kitchen and immediately felt a wide grin on my face.

Relief. That's all I could describe it as. The universe has finally answered my prayers! Something good is lasting.

Finally!

I ran up to him and wrapped my arms around his neck while coughing heavily because of all the smoke around us. He never belonged in the kitchen while unsupervised.

I felt him wrap his arms round me engulfing me in a big hug while lifting me lightly off the ground.

For a second a felt like I was five again and running into my dads arm like a giddy child.

"Oh my god please never step foot in the kitchen again without my supervision again!" I tried scolding him but I was too busy coughing the entire time.

"There's the kid I missed." He laughed while slowly letting go of me and he placed his hand on my cheek looking down at me.

Which would be the only time I let him smother me.

I just looked up at him trying to grasp the fact that he was actually stood in front of me. God knows how since he had a very alarming amount of scratches and wounds on his face.

But he was still here. Still not sure how.

"How...what even-" I could barely manage to get two words out of my mouth.