Familiar And Echo House

Skyler's P.O.V

"Why the hell are you still awake?"

There was the soothing voice of my coyote roommate I so dearly missed.

"I can't sleep." I answered simply.

"I can see that." She groaned sitting up. Her and her hair looked like it was about to attack me. Not that we actually had good combs in here.

So wasn't the food. I'd seriously kill for a burger right now. And Malia is the only thing in sight to kill.

"Why can't you sleep?"

"I'm cold." I replied while my eyes were focused on my tangled fingers. It wasn't a complete lie.

"You're always cold. Never stopped you from getting sleep before. Besides you took a shower like twenty minutes ago." She lectured and I raised my eyebrows actually surprised she noticed anything but her narcissistic self.

"I don't know wether I should be thankful or concerned." I muttered and she narrowed her eyes at me. "Fine. I'm scared that what happened last night wasn't a one time thing."

"You mean when you almost set the building on fire?" She asked blankly and I groaned finally turning my head to her.

"Thank you for the reminder. Really." I gave her a wide sarcastic smile and she gave me a sharp nod. Definitely taking her to school when I'm out of here. "Since there's a lot of suicides here. I don't know what will happen."

"And staying awake, hearing the constant echos of crazy people will not make you go insane?" She asked and I scoffed while smiling to myself.

"I used to hear Stiles whine about Batman and Superman while I just wanted to watch documentaries on how to not kill the boy sat next to me. Echos of crazy people isn't as bad as it sounds." I laughed and then gazed round the room.

"You never talked about him until last night." She observed and I shrugged. "Why?"

"I didn't want to. Thinking about his face the day I left him is enough."

That's when she got up and walked over to the door. She stood there with her arms folded and a ring straight at me.

"What?" I half-whined while looking at her determined face.

"Ever since you got here I can't sleep because you can't. So we're gonna go steal some food from downstairs and not get caught." She stated firmly and I raised my eyebrows.

"I don't feel like going through the whole process of my body being shocked with like a hundred bolts of lightning, so I think I'll pass." I nodded and she groaned turning her head to the door.

"Okay. But I'm not sharing the pudding that I find." She twisted the doorknob until there was the sound of the lock breaking.

She gave me one last tempting look before opening the door.

Well I've got nothing else to loose.

I groaned giving in about to get up until I saw Malia's expression change from usual annoyance to curious and confused.

"What? What are you looking at?" I asked, immediately jumping up and she shook her head walking back in.

"Nothing. I just thought I saw someone familiar." Her expression didn't change.

"You sure your not seeing things like everyone else in here?" I joked but she wasn't in a laughing matter. "Malia? Who'd you see?"

I walked up to her and looked at each side of the hallway. Her eyes stayed on the empty hallway and I sighed pulling in her arm.