Numb And Riddled

Sorry for the slow update but its a long chapter. (And emotional)

Skyler's P.O.V

"Where is he?! Where's my son? Where's Stiles?" Sheriff was talking to a nurse and Stiles and I both looked at one another before looking at him.

"Dad." Stiles's voice was still hoarse and he got off the bed.

Sheriff stormed into the room and immediately walked over to Stiles, embracing him in a big hug.

I felt a small smile appear on my face while Stiles stared at me, practically suffocating.

"I'm okay Dad. I'm okay." He assured and I could see Sheriff's arms wrap around him tighter. "I'm okay."

"I'm pretty sure he won't be in a few seconds when you choke him to death," I stated and Stiles gave me a thankful look as Stilinski nodded finally letting go.

That's when he turned to me. "Thank you, Skyler. Really, I have no idea what I would have done if you hadn't found him."

I laughed nodding my head. "As much as I would love to take the credit, it was actually Agent McCall who figured it out. I think you should go ahead and thank him."

He still ended up walking over to me and embracing me in a really tight hug and I was pretty much gasping for air.

Now I know how Stiles felt.

"Thank you, Skyler. You've been there for Stiles countless times. Even when I couldn't be."

"Oh it's no problem, I mean I am the best." I breathed out and widened my eyes looking over at Stiles signalling for help.

He grinned nodding his head. "Dad I think you should go find Scott's Dad. Maybe say thanks? And maybe not suffocate my girlfri–"

Stiles stopped himself and I locked eyes with him. A small glance was shared. I coughed awkwardly as Sheriff let me go.

"No, I'm staying with you 'till your ass is asleep."

"Don't worry Mr. Stilinski. I'll watch your son like a hawk." I chuckled and looked over at Stiles. "After many years of experience, I have a feeling he won't be able to get out of my sight."

"Slightly concerning but I'll take it," Stiles commented from the corner of the room and I winked.

"I don't think I could've asked for someone better for my son." He sighed.

My eyes stayed on Stiles's but he kept his eyes glued to his hands.

"It's no big deal. Besides, he's worth it."

Stiles's glance immediately met mine and the room fell silent.

It felt like we were saying a thousand things to one another without actually saying anything.

"You should probably get to McCall. I'll make sure he gets some sleep." I quickly broke the silence realising how long I was actually staring.

There was another long awkward silence as soon as Sheriff left and it lasted about ten seconds until one of us decided to speak.