Bruises And Chaos Rising

Skyler's P.O.V

"I don't see anything," Derek stated annoyingly looking down at both Lydia's and Allison's bruised arms. 

I don't even wanna know how we got to the point where having a bruise means something and I don't even wanna know why.

"Look again." Scott pleaded and Derek crossed his arms across his chest starting to get frustrated.

Hey for once I was on Derek's side.

"How is a bruise gonna tell me where Boyd and Erica are?" Derek asked.

I put my hands up showing I had no involvement in this while Stiles sitting on the chair next to the table I was sat on did the same.

"Never thought I'd say it but he's got a point," I stated and Lydia rolled her eyes.

Well, he's not wrong!

"It's the same on both sides," Scott added, again.

If this whole getting over Allison thing was actually working this would not be happening right now.

"Exactly the same."

"It's nothing," Derek stated looking deadly at both Allison and Lydia. To be honest I just thought Lydia was already tired of waiting around like me.

"Pareidolia," Lydia remarked and I nodded my head agreeing while everyone looked way too confused. So do any of these guys actually come to school to learn?

"Seeing patterns that aren't there," I explained and they all still looked confused which got me even more impatient. "It's a subset of apophenia."

I nodded my head proudly and Derek just shot me a cold look. I guess Derek Hale didn't know when to take the time to relax.

"They're trying to help." Scott defended, practically begging Derek to see something but it was not happening.

"These two." Derek scoffed pointing at Allison and Lydia and I grinned.

Now that I don't annoy Derek Hale, it really reduces the chances of him being the cause of my death by two percent. 

He pointed to Lydia who just fiddled with her hair. "This one, who used me to resurrect my psychotic Uncle. Thank you." He's got a point. "And this one, who shot about 30 arrows into me and my pack."

"Wow, you guys are horrible," I muttered putting my hands up and both of them turned around and shot me a glare. If looks could kill.

"Okay, all right, now, come on. No one died, all right?" Stiles said wavering his hands and I narrowed my eyes at him waiting for what he had to say. "Look, there may have been a little maiming, okay, a little mangling, but no death. That's what I call an important distinction."

"My mother died," Allison stated keeping her eyes locked on Derek and I raised my eyebrows shoving Stiles.

"Nice one dumbass."

"Your family's little honour code killed your mother. Not me." Derek muttered and I looked back over at Allison who still kept her face straight.