• In My Eyes

~y/n's pov~also lowercase~

another day in outer banks. i was at my house with my brother john b. i stayed in bed because i just kept thinking of our dad. he was gone. he was really gone. it affected me more then my brother. it did affect him but i was kind of close to him.

"y/n!" i hear my brother yell.

"coming!" i yell back and throw on a oversized hoodie. i go outside to see jj, pope, and kie.

"hey guys!" i say hugging them all but giving kie a kiss on the cheek.

"you are up late." jj laughs.

"wait what time is it?" i ask being absolutely clueless.

"y/n/n it's 1:00." pope says causing everyone to laugh. i was always the one to wake up late even if i had to wake up early.

"it's okay i slept in a little too." kiara says swinging her arm over my shoulder.

"it's because your girls." jj says.

"sexist bastard." kiara and i mumble. he hears it and just laughs.

"anyway why'd you wake me up jb?" i ask my brother that is sitting across from me.

"well we wanted to go fishing. you in?" he asks.

"uh hell yeah i'm in but i'm not fishing. i'm tanning with kie." i say and kiara nods.

we then go on the boat after i changed into a bikini and shorts. kiara and i mainly just tanned while the boys admired us and fished.

"dude look how huge this fish is!" jj yells in excitement.

"ew. get that away from us." kiara say scooting over grabbing me along with her and the boys just laughed.

after about an hour of being on the boat we went back to the chateau to have some hotdogs and burgers. my brother was quite the chef. we got our groceries from pope's dad. he knew what situation we were in.

as the other pogue's were over at the grill i was over at the dock with jj and looked out into the water.

lately i've been kind of sad. why you may ask? i couldn't tell you. maybe because i like jj and haven't told him, maybe because i miss my dad, or it's just i haven't been myself.

"you okay there y/n?" jj asks.

"yeah."

jj could always tell if i was upset. it was an instinct for him. it was quite weird actually but i didn't really mind.

"come here." he says patting his lap.

i then when over and laid my head on his lap and he played with my hair. i always loved when he did this. usually he was drunk or high trying to start fights with the kooks or he was just being stupid.

the pogue's knew you two had some type of conception. i didn't know what my brother thought of it. but you know the rule, no pogue on pogue mackin. but i hated that rule. i always got jealous when jj would flirt with other girls. i felt like i wasn't as pretty or good enough for jj. we aren't even dating.. why would i even think that?

"what's wrong y/n?" jj asks me.

"you is what's wrong." i sigh.

"hey, why me?"

"because jj, i'm literally in love with you. i really am. yes, i know the rule but i don't care jj. i just want you to look at me the way you look at other girls.it makes me feel not pretty or i'm just nothing. it's like in your eyes i'm just your best friend." i let out not looking at him.

he then grabbed my face turning it towards his.

"you are prettier then any girl i've seen. in my eyes you are the most beautiful girl, with the prettiest eyes, and your gorgeous smile. y/n, you aren't nothing, you are everything. everything to me, everything to anyone. don't ever feel that way about yourself because i'll always disagree. those girls aren't shit y/n. i just use them as a distraction because i'm in love with you and your brother.. he's my best friend and i don't want to break the rule. but now i do." he expresses not letting go of my cheeks.

i was completely speechless. i froze in shock. i was happy but didn't know how to express it. it made me feel better about myself.

"i love you y/n. i always will." he says looking into my eyes and presses his lips against mine. 

"i love you too jj." i smile and give him a peck on the lips, smiling to myself.

i really liked this one. i thought it was cute tbh. please please please give me some ideas and requests i really need them! also i've been like super sick and it's getting bad but it's not covid thank god.

also i have twitter now its tuacierra if you wanna follow me!