13. His pride

"I'm still sitting right here, with you on the same couch without moving, right?" Yerim responded into a question and hummed, "Proves I'm still not too surprised to hate you or else I'd have left you struggling on your own now." She chuckled, "This is not because I'm your best friend Joohyun but now i realized there's nothing too surprising when it comes to your actions. You can be a psycho when you become selfish. But a man this time?!..You wanted a man?!" Yerim exclaimed, eye widening the model and huffed before she looked away and crossed her legs,

"I should say, This one is totally new. you have never wanted a man and that's the only surprising thing, i believe. Maybe you really loved him.. or maybe that's how you've always been, are and will remain, selfish!"

There, The model understood what Yerim tried to make her her feel. Offended, guilty and ashamed. But these were the least things the model could feel، specially at that moment. so she just let out a quiet chuckle and remained silent.

Joohyun believed there's nothing she can desire and not have. Plus, Jungkook was the Only man she wanted to have and that what made it special.

⠀ ⠀

"You'll eventually regret this. But after all, This is your life. And that was Your choice, Your decision. I want to believe you felt guilty about whatever you did, at least a little bit, sometimes. but even if you did, i know you won't ever confess because your pride will never let you." Yerim concluded into a hiss, making Joohyun frown a little to herself.

Pride..

⠀ ⠀

"Tonight?!" Joohyun exclaimed into a whisper and eye widened sungwoon that looked a little too confidant.

"Here?! How??" Joohyun frowned a little bit and immediately blinked her eyes away from the man looking around at the friends at the party that didn't seem to notice anyway but the model didn't want to give extra expression or any unusual attitudes so she just put on a normal look and forced on a little smile to her face.

"Don't worry, we have all night." Sungwoon assured. "We can do it. One moment is enough to change alot, i promise."

"Aren't you rushing it?" She huffed, "I feel uneasy suddenly.. I don't think I'm r-ready. It's not the right time or place.."

"This is definitely the right time and place, 'darling'. However, Tonight will be only the first part of the plan but it will snuff Jungkook's pride." Sungwoon assured. "I can't explain everything here but you trust me in this, i know."

"His pride?" Joohyun mumbled in confusion. "What do you mean? Why do we need to try Jungkook's pride?" She wanted to ask so many questions of what Sungwoon tried to do because she didn't seem like she could understand a thing as she looked at the male's mischievous smirk that never completely faded.

It made her feel scared a little bit so she put her arm around herself as the thumb of her hand holding the glass of champagne rose up to trace along the top of the glass slowly, "What.. what do you mean?"

"Don't worry about this now. For now, I'll just tell you what you have to do, and you will, Just when i allow you to, Yeah?" he looked at his watch to check the time. It was around the midnight but he knew the party won't end yet so he raised his head up and finished his third glass with one quick sip before turning to look at Joohyun and scanned his eyes on her head to toe,

"What?" Sungwoon chuckled, "Are you the one hesitant to now? Or You aren't sure about your feelings yet?"

"No! I'm not. I'm definitely sure. Of course i am. Have i ever not b-"

"Awh," He smirked, "You look cute, I can't help but pity you now." Sungwoon teased, caressing her chin with a mischievous smirk that Joohyun couldn't ever study but only made her frown more.