22. His eyes

A little Jimin choked on his drink as he instantly made a confused look, with a small frown, by sungwoon's question, that made Hoseok immediately raise his head and widen his eyes at sungwoon all of the sudden.

"Sorry, what?" Jimin uttered.

Hoseok adjusted himself over his seat and placed his phone over the table. surprisingly, the thought of Yoongi no longer mattered. He wanted to say something, to respond to what sungwoon said or mention anything about it but nothing came to his mind. He had zero clue how to react to that. Just for a second Hoseok wondered if sungwoon knew about the break up. His expression definitely showed he does. But how?

The only answer Hoseok could convince himself with was that sungwoon was the closest friend to Jimin after him and Seulgi. So maybe Jimin told him? Or Seulgi? But at that moment, that wasn't the real question.

It was Jimin. Jimin's reaction to Jungkook. Hoseok was worried Jimin not like the fact Jungkook was there, even when he was sure Jimin everyday longed for his beloved.

Hoseok sighed as Jimin let out a serious chuckle,

"Enough teasing,"

"I'm serious." The man replied immediately.

By his instant cold look that had alot of questions, Jimin realized Hoseok didn't laugh this time at what sungwoon said and when he looked over at him, he saw there wasn't even a slight smile on his face, proving he reacted to what Sungwoon said as an another 'joke' but only serious and thoughtful expression on his face that left the designer even more confused.

Jimin fought the arge to look behind because he didn't want it to turn be a Joke and feel stupid around his best friends watching them laugh at how desperate he was for Jungkook..

So slowly, Jimin broke his gaze away from Sungwoon down to his legs, soon losing his focus to the glass of champagne he was holding, as his thumb rose up to trace along the top of the glass; not shocked, neither confused any longer. He was just left thinking about the things he began to ponder.

The sudden awkward silence Jimin's reaction made, caused Sungwoon shrug,

"Anyway... The party will start in minutes. I'll get back to my seat. Join me before it begins. Friends are missing you, hm?"

Jimin felt like Sungwoon knew something. Sungwoon was the very smart type, specially when it comes to reading people, since he was a therapist. The designer wondered If it was only his break up with Jimin, Sungwoon knew or the fact Joohyun is dating Jungkook now.. If Seulgi told him or Joohyun herself.. But that didn't really matter, specially at a moment like this. Because it wasn't something Jimin had to be ashamed or embarrassing of. Jimin's cold stare gazed up at sungwoon where he stood and nodded his head with a slight smile. "Sure,"

Pressing lips together, Jimin's free hand run through the side of his hair as he let out a deep exhale just once Sungwoon walked away. His other hand however had the champagne glass, allowing himself chill to process the fact Jungkook was sitting behind him.

Jimin placed the champagne glass over the table and nervously interwined his fingers together, twiddling his silver ring.

He didn't understand. If he was relieved, frustrated or uneasy. Maybe all of them all at once without being able to express one. So he was there, just looking like he was worried about something. But he wasn't. He was just completely off guard.

"Is he here with Joohyun?" Jimin asked into a whisper.

"No..." Hoseok replied, his gaze fell down to see how hard Jimin was pressing on his ring with his fingers as he had them totally locked to each other, before he looked up at him again, "He's alone."