40. Let me go

"Jun- Jungkook?!"

Joohyun's body tensed; a sense of dread filled her by the sight of the man standing at the hallway doors.

What an unexpected surprise.

She glued her startled gaze at him and all of the sudden all she focused on was that fear creeping into her mind. Joohyun tried collect her thoughts but she couldn't.

"I never wanted to be your fucking toy Joohyun!!"

Those gruesome shouts..

"I know your dirty secrets,"

"If i want, i can tell Jimin about it.. about it all."

And recalling the sound of those threatening words, sent shivers down the model's spine. But this time they hit different with Jungkook out of blue appearing in her house.

Because she was scared it was too late for her to try defend herself. Because Sungwoon could have opened his mouth already and spoke to Jimin? What exactly he could've told him though?

'Everything'?

Joohyun closed her eyes at that second and tightened her lips close.

"Why you look startled to see me?"

Because she was; and so deep in her thoughts questioning things, that even with hearing Jungkook's voice she was still blacked out.

There she remained stood, paralysis against the armrest of the couch in the living room before she slightly flinched by the sound of Jungkook's footsteps approaching her.

Joohyun collected herself in that second to look brave in Jungkook's eyes.

She looked at him. "Why are you here?"

Jungkook glared at her, confused. His forehead scrunched, "Oh?" He replied as he walked. At that, Joohyun only felt her whole body becoming as cold as ice.

Jungkook stopped. Not so close to her, but just in front of her. He looked at her for a good minute because her question was too surprising. So he studied her body and features and only thought why she didn't run to him like everytime or even smiled a second to see him?

Why she seemed like she was avoiding him totally, though?

And Jungkook could only be surprised to the fact for the first time he got to see the model like that. But however, Jungkook blinked his eyes, getting his attention away from that thought, because honestly, he just didn't want to look like he cared.

He didn't.

"I'm here for something." Jungkook mentioned. "Can you sit down?"

The model blinked few times and breathed, nodding her head to Jungkook with a faint smile then sat down. She pressed her knees together and placed her palms over them, facing to the front.

Jungkook sat on the same couch and turned his body to her side in order to speak, while she didn't dare do the same.

"Talk to me.."

Jungkook intertwined his own fingers together as his arms rested on his thighs and exhaled quietly, "Joohyun i know, you aren't always honest with me. And maybe you lied to me at a point, i don't know and I don't care at the moment. Because now.. i need you to be honest with for once, please!" He spoke carefully, not receiving a single reaction from the female yet. Like she was completely frozen the way she sat and only blinked. But he knew she listened.

She did.

"You don't feel like there's something ever wrong about this that you're calling a relationship?" Jungkook paused for few seconds. "I'm not asking because i don't know the real answer. But I just want to know if you ever feel there's a mistake in your life. And it's me." Jungkook kept the tone of his voice as gentle, reminding himself not raise it no matter what the model's answer will be. Because he knew, that once he's angery, he will lose his words. While he came knowing very well what to say.