38. Fall out of love

[Few days later.]

"You're a responsible man for your job. Besides, You've always been the man of your words. Don't blame me if I don't seem to bear the sight of you tense everytime i see you. It's frustrating. I'm worried about you."

Jungkook evinced no reaction, he only smiled faintly, and sighed softly to the sight of Hoseok's hand rested on his.

"I'm alright."

"That's a lie."

Jungkook didn't know who else to 'bother' at this time. Hoseok was his only best friend, ever. It wasn't because Jungkook couldn't have or make any. But Jungkook knew he had everything he wanted in a best friend all in Hoseok.

Hoseok had a special place in Jungkook's life. Because Jungkook as a mature man, that grew up with his family's support only, often all he could rely on was Hoseok his Hyung and his only best friend. Having him by his side, was always blessing.

And so probably that's why Jungkook was in the office space where Hoseok works. Sitting at his seat, with Hoseok right next to him leaning against the desk.

Jungkook went into a short silence with himself, watching employees of the company come and go, working, before he looked up at Hoseok. He observed him for a good moment and took a quick notice of his look. Hoseok wore blue suit with a silver tie. His black hair with undercut gave him a charming look. and so that stunning look into his face that Jungkook couldn't help but smile to.

"You manage put a sexy look everyday for work? Are you sure no one here has a little bit of crush on you then?" Jungkook spoke and received an adoring smile from Hoseok.

"Maybe I'm a little too focused on the work, and so everyone." Replied, leaning his lower back against the desk, putting one feet across the other and stand crossing his arms a little. "But don't distract me. We're talking about you."

Jungkook emitted a quiet chuckle and sighed. "Then i should be sorry.."

"Hm?"

Jungkook shrugged a little and put his head over his chin, using his elbow over the desk for support and the tip of his fingers set over his own cheek before he added, "This is an office space where you work. It's not so nice of me to bring myself here and bother you over nothing."

"No Jungkook, no need to apologize for this. I'm not busy at the moment as you see so there's no problem if we wanted to have a small conversation, right?" Hoseok smiled a little to his best friend as he watched that sweet gaze in Jungkook's eyes softened and a smile touched the corners of his mouth as well. "But.. I feel like there's something you need to tell me."

"No. There's nothing i didn't tell you.. I'm here only because i felt like i needed to see you for a little bit of time. I'm tired of being alone."

Hoseok nodded his head. "And work? You took a day off or something?"

"Oh, about that.." Jungkook lowered his head and shoulders, leaning back against his seat. "I don't go to work these days.. i don't want to be fired for doing this obsoletely, because I didn't ask for a permission from the boss- but why do i feel like i won't care anyway.."

"You what?! ..No you didn't-" Hoseok exclaimed in a low whisper and Jungkook only closed his lips, becoming silent a minute.

"You have no right to do that Jungkook! your.." Hoseok took a quick second to look around before continuing to whisper. "Your life depends on your job! There's no fucking way you wanna lose it. Don't be an asshole more than you already are, please!"

"I'm devastated as hell. I can't help but feel shitty knowing Jimin replaced me. I can't work when my head is never trying to focus with me. I can't Hoseok!"