17. You're wrong

"I'll prove him, that I'm so much better than Jimin. He'll realize, he'll believe that I love him and would do anything for him. He'll eventually give up on Jimin. Or i will make him."

"You won't win, and with what you did you still didn't win. you just want to believe you did."

⠀ ⠀

Yerim was right. Joohyun was a loser. Joohyun knew that quite well and that hurt her and at times, specially when she was alone, it made her want to scream; Jungkook couldn't and would never replace Jimin, Joohyun felt used but she didn't want to think about that all over again, at least not now. Now she just wanted to think how to apologize to Jungkook sincerely when he's here.

She let out a frustrated huff, resting his elbows on her thighs, she grabbed her hair trying to calm down. What also hurt, was that she kept all that to herself. She won't dare talk to anyone about it, and if she'd told Yeirm about it was because she needed her help to make up with Jungkook since she was too damn weak.

She trusted Yerim well enough though, of course otherwise she wouldn't ever tell her something so awful she did. She wouldn't if she one percent couldn't trust her best friend.

But however what she told her wasn't everything she did.

There were more to be ashamed of.

She hurt so many people. Mostly Jungkook, even herself. Suffering with feelings for a man once belonged to her friend. She believed it was all worth it. She couldn't realize all that will effect her more than it already did: her health, her confidence, her self-respect and more.

The doors pulled open, Joohyun looked up towards the hallway to soon watch Jungkook appear in the living room. She stood when she first saw him, he was taking his shoes off. He had causal suit on holding his business bag. Sure he was at work before coming here.

"Jungkook." she smiled approaching him. Few seconds as she studied his face and the way he looked, she noticed he looked tired again. Almost pale and exhausted. Even though she couldn't understand how can a person be that hard-working to just get money, she remembered she should understand and try her best to not get on his nerves again. It might be her last chance to make up with Jungkook and she didn't want to lose it.

So she smiled a little more and gave him a little space to walk in, ignoring the way he wasn't really glad to be there. "I'm glad you accepted to come here finally. I.. i appreciate it Jungkook."

"Well," Jungkook loosened his tie then run a hand through his hair, bringing a short smile on his tired face. "I tried. You Were insisting for days now saying it's important, so."

"Have food first. It's ready in the kitchen." She mentioned, watching Jungkook turn around to look at her. "I know it's not dinner yet but you must be hungry now." She smiled, twiddling her fingers under the oversized long sleeves of her black shirt.

Jungkook looked over her towards the kitchen to see new staff, actually maids this time, getting the table ready like the moment he entered the place without he even realize it.

Jungkook nodded. "Thanks."

⠀ ⠀

It was silent at the table. The atmosphere was awkward and a little heavy to Joohyun. Watching Jungkook eating his fried chicken and rice, he looked hungry since he was focused on his dish. Or he was just ignoring Joohyun's existence somehow.

Jungkook wanted to avoid any argument. He was curious to know why Joohyun insisted for days. What if she couldn't handle Jungkook's always dry attitude towards her so she wanted to break up?

No no. With the way she already treated him now, preparing food for him and being silent around him for the first time, he highly doubted she wanted to break up; Jungkook could never understand why he was that matter to her when she's a famous model that has millions of followers on social media and alot of love literally everywhere.