(25) Healing scars

Third Person's POV

Third Person's POV

Emotional scars are raw at the outset, as any real burn is, yet they fade to soft pink, to the colour of skin, to a barely discernible and long forgotten track. When we learn to love ourselves, to look to ourselves for confirmation of real self worth, and confer that same sense of sacredness to others and creation, we set ourselves free and heal completely.

Baekyung and Jungkook were in the study, Beakhyun sitting on the couch in front of the big one where he had asked the younger to lay down. Jungkook had his eyes closed and he let himself to let loose as the other asked him too.

(Italic: Jungkook    Bold: Baekhyun)

"Jungkook, I will be asking you some questions, just answer them calmly without raising any questions, okay?"

"Okay"

"What is your name?"

"Kim Jungkook"

"How old are you?"

"I'm 20"

"When is your birthday?"

"September 1"

"What's your relationship with Kim Taehyung?"

"He is my boyfriend"

"Are Kim Namjoon and Kim Seokjin your real parents?"

"No"

"Who are your real parents then?"

"I-I don't know"

"Try to remember, don't stress yourself"

"I-I d-don't k-know"

"Stay calm, don't open your eyes"

"Do you remember? Your father? Your mother?"

"N-no"

"How did you meet Taehyung?"

"H-he found me, h-he saved me"

"From what?"

"From my parents?"

"Who were your parents?"

"I don't know"

"What do you remember, tell me everything"

"C-chains, m-mistake, i-illegitimate, f-forced, b-beaten, k-killed, c-cries, s-screams, m-monster. T-they h-hate m-me, t-they l-left m-me, they are the reason why. They made me like this. THEY ARE THE CAUSE OF MY SCARS!!"

"Jungkook calm down, try and remember Taehyung, Jin, Namjoon, Jimin, Hobi and Yoongi"

"M-my love, my hyungs, Maa and Dad. M-my family"

"What about Yeontan, Cloudie and Bubbles?"

"My homies"

"How much do you love Taehyung?"

"More than myself"

"Do you wanna see him?"

"Y-yes wanna see my TaeTae"

"Slowly open your eyes now Jungkook"

Jungkook followed his orders and slowly opened his eyes. He remember those fizzy memories, they were never erased they were just inaccessible. Baekyung forced those inaccessible memories out of Jungkook.

Baekyung called everyone and they came rushing. Taehyung looked at his baby and was about to go to him when Baekyung gestured Jimin to stop him from going near him, the younger was still a bit in daze.

"How do you feel now Koo?" Baekyung asked looking at the boy's tear stained face.

"I-I don't know honestly" The younger replied.

"Can you tell me how old are you now?" Baekyung asked again.

"I-I am 20, born on September 1, I-I remember everything" Jungkook felt his eyes stinging as more and more tears fell down from his eyes.

"You never actually forget them Koo, it was just stored somewhere in your brain which still wasn't accessible by you and to let your brain grow completely it needed that part to be accessible by you. Now you're completely fine, physically and mentally" Baekyung explained.

"It will just take some time for you to heal those mental scars now and with the help of everyone around you it won't be very tough, just let them help you especially Taehyung, don't shut anyone out, okay?" Baekyung pat the boy's head as he slowly nodded.

"Let Taebear and Kook have some time alone" Baekyung said and everyone nodded before walking out.

"H-hyungie" The younger whimpered and Taehyung immediately ran to him.

"I am here sweetheart" The elder let the boy straddle him as he sat him down on his lap, holding him protectively.

"I feel grumpy, I am. It's tough and the grump monster has bitten his way through the bars. Sorry. So please, help me to heal. I promise that I still love you, I do very much" Jungkook said as he had his face hidden in the crook of the elder's neck, tears still flowing down his cheeks.

"Sweetheart I can't heal you, but I can help you to heal yourself. My love is like a meadow, a quiet place to reflect. In the stillness, you can let the tornado that is your pain slow down, perhaps stop. It is in these times you can begin to take steps forwards, to learn that life is okay. People do care, but we heal from within if it's to last.

That skitter-skatter mind of yours is looking for solutions, a way to live in peace and thrive. Your mind is powerful and it will devote itself to finding a way forward that works for you. The quieter I am, with the truest love for you, the faster you will grow strong. I know it hurts, sweetheart, I know. Just know that I'm always loving you so very much. I'll forever do" Taehyung said as he caressed the boy's hair who was sniffling lightly.

He heard a faint 'thank you and I am lucky to have you by my side' before he felt the younger's body getting heavier and heavier by each passing second, letting Taehyung know that now the younger had fallen asleep.

___________________________________
See you all in the next chapter.
I hope you liked it.💜
Please vote and comment.
Keep supporting.
And if there are any mistakes I am sorry for that.
Stay safe and stay happy.💜💜

So how was the chapter? Emotional?