(35) Euphoria: Null to Infinity

Third Person's POV

Third Person's POV

Is there anything more isolating than intense pain? Doesn't pain lock us in as effectively as any prison?

When the labour began the pain was more intense than anything Jungkook had ever imagined. Nothing could be more brutal, not whips or chains. The room was only the bed and four walls, his helpers melting into the background as if they weren't even there.

He was craving for his husband but unfortunately he wasn't there with him, he couldn't. The doctors didn't allow it because he was an M-Preg, giving birth through C-section.

With each contraction came a pain that dominated Jungkook's entire being. In those moments, for those seconds that stretched into infinity, there was nothing else. He could hear screaming from other rooms, yet he made no sound at all. When the pain passed it was only for a minute or so and he breathed with closed eyes, unwilling to re-engage with life outside of his own body.

The room might as well have been empty for all the awareness he had, and when they did talk, touch, gain his attention he found it so hard. To reply he had to find himself from the deepest recess of his own mind and drag himself forward, to use his voice, open his eyes.

It was okay, it was all okay, the pain was okay because it was for his child, his baby, his and Taehyung's gift of love. He will and would do everything for their baby. He was ready to go through every pain.

The next time his eyes opened, he saw in the bouncy chair laid a newborn, his arms aloft as if dreaming of cuddling the father who stands so closely by. Taehyung slides his pinky into his open hand and watches as they curl around it, the baby sleeping on. Taehyung felt the soft breath of the newborn baby on the back of his hand. It was the best feeling.

Being a parent was going to change them. They were blessed with a baby, a sacred gift, a sacred duty, to raise with love and protect, yet give their freedom when the time is right.

Taehyung sensed someone's gaze on him, he turned to look and his eyes met with the most gorgeous beauty in this universe. For Taehyung, Jungkook looked even more beautiful after he gave birth to their baby, their son.

Taehyung softly and gently removed his finger from his son's grasp and made his way towards his love. As soon as he stood beside the younger, he felt arms wrapping on his waist as the younger snuggled into his stomach. Taehyung smiled slightly and patted his baby's head lovingly.

"How are you feeling now sweetheart?" Taehyung whispered softly, not wanting to wake their baby up.

"Tired" Jungkook whispered back as he looked up at his husband's face.

Taehyung shared an eye contact with his husband and Taehyung swore they could see each other's souls through it. They knew each other's fears, they are everything they could have asked for. They love each other, they really do.