Chapter 17: Going back home

IAN POV:

"How are you doing?"

I am talking to Jennifer. She called me in the morning but I didn't want to answer.

"We are fine," I answer.

"Okay, I just wanted to know if anyone was dead. See you later," she says.

"Bye."

I hear Alex in the kitchen. She hasn't come out since yesterday out of her room. Something is not right at all here.

"Alex, you don't look good," I say.

I stand next to her in front of the sink. She is peeling a mango slowly. Her hair looks so messy and dirty. She has a big t-shirt with pajama pants.

"Alex, please just tell me what is wrong. Believe it or not I don't want to see you like this. We are almost back home. You will be able to see your mom and Johnny and even Uncle Luis," I say.

She stops peeling the mango but doesn't look at me.

"Alex," I whisper. I get her hand then feel a sudden sting.

"Don't touch me!"

I look at my hand and it is bleeding.

"What the hell? You cut me Alex!"

She is crying holding the peeling knife at my direction. She is shaking so badly but not of anger just pure fear.

I get a piece of cleaning cloth and put pressure on my knuckles.

"Alex, please, calm down," I say calmly.

"No, you want to hurt me!"

I slowly walk towards her trying to calm her down.

"Please, put the knife down Alex. You can hurt yourself,"

"Everyone already did," she says.

I get closer but she tries to stab me.

Snap! What is going on with her?

"Sir, I heard screaming," Sam comes in. I stop him, "Don't come in Sam."

He sees Alex has a knife. "Sir,"

"Just stay there."

Alex is shaking slowly getting against the wall. "I want to die."

"NO, no don't say that Alex. I love you. All of your family loves you," I says.

"No they don't! You hate me!"

She gets distracted with the microwave beep. I quickly slap the knife out of her hand and embrace her. She begins to cry a sea in my arms.

"WHY?!" she yells.

I feel so useless. What can I do? I don't know what happened that made her so upset.

I hug her tighter as her cries begin to echo louder in the house.

Sam quietly comes to my side and asks what to do.

"Get a doctor," I answer.

"Sir, she needs a hospital."

"No, get her a damn doctor. If the doctor says she has to go to a hospital then we go."

Sam nods and goes to the phone.

"Ssh, it is all going to be okay."

.....

The doctor gave Alex some calming pills. She is drowsy on the bed. The doctor finishes checking her heart.