Chapter 11: Getting better...

It's June and the summer is as hot as it can get. My wedding will be in two weeks. I will marry Ian Wilson in order to save my older brother's life. It was the only way we both will stay alive. Now, I am living in a kind of prison. I am force to pretend I am happy with my fiancée. But in a weird way I am happy.

..

TUESDAY:

"So, have you decided which flavor of cake?" I ask Ian. We are at a local bakery trying to choose a flavor for the wedding cake. We are stuck between banana and fudge chocolate.

"I can't decide how about we get both?" he asks.

I roll my eyes, "Ian, just one cake is enough."

He bites his lower lip and starts to sing, "Minnie mino mo."

"Okay, fudge chocolate wins," he finally decides!

The young lady nods and asks if we need anything else.

"No thanks," Ian says.

We say goodbye and head home.

Ian is driving now. I guess he still doesn't trust Kyle or any guy now. But he is trying, he apologize to Kyle in front of me. He seems sincere and Kyle was respectful. We talked like normal human beings about our relationship. I decided to give him a chance but we taking it super slow. For now, he is a person that is trying to be my friend.

We arrive home and we head to his room.

"Look, I don't want to be alone with you in a room." I say.

He gives me a crocked smile; he is trying not to laugh. "I want to give you the package I received and show you my suit for the wedding," Ian says.

I see a cardboard box on his bed and a silver designer suit. It has a white button shirt with a black tie and white handkerchief on its pocket.

"Do you think it will look good with the wedding dress?" Ian asks as he holds up the suit on top of his body.

"Yeah, did Jennifer tell you I will have black and gray roses in my flowers?" I ask.

He says yes and lightly smiles.

"Okay, well here is the box." I get the box and leave to my room.

I see the address and don't recognize it. I open the box and see only an envelope. I rip the paper and get the letter out.

HI, ITS YOUR EX-NEIGHBOR LU. YOUR MOM TOLD ME TO MAIL YOUR MAIL TO YOU GUYS. BUT YOU RECEIVED THIS SPECIAL LETTER, SO I WANTED TO MAKE IT ALL DRAMATIC. SO YES, HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD LIFE.

I see there is another envelope with my name and information. I open it and I see in the right corner of the letter: STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK

I can't believe I got accepted!!

I scream in happiness for everyone to know. I run to find my mom. She is sitting outside and I tackle her.

"Ay! Alexandra, what is wrong with you?" she exclaims.

"I got accepted to SUNY!! Ma, I got accepted!" I yell.

She jumps around and hugs me, "Congratulations mija! You got into your university!"

I want to get a degree in biology. I actually want to become a teacher, so I can teach kids who are underprivileged. Science is very important to someone's education.

"Oh, I am so proud of you Alex. See, I said you will be accepted because you are so smart." She hugs me again and kisses my cheek. But then, I see Richard coming in. He asks why we are screaming.