Chapter 39: 38 continued

ALEX POV:

I am scared. I think Richard wants some kind of revenge against me. I need to go back to Mexico or even to Canada. I am embarrassed to tell Kyle what I did with Richard. I think he will react like Ian did.

A day passes

I put my baby boy back to his crib for his nap. He is looking like his dad everyday.

There's a knock at the door. I look through the little hole and see Richard standing there. How did he found me? I am starting to have a panic attack. I don't open it and hide with Christian in the room. I call Kyle and he says he is coming.

"Alex, please," I hear Richard scream. "I just want to talk."

I don't answer him, I am afraid of what he can do.

I don't hear anything anymore and in minutes Kyle is home. He tells me that I should just go back to my mom's place.

"But he will find me there," I say.

"I know that you want to forget about all of this, but what has Richard done? I mean, I know he married you to my brother, but has he done something else to you?" Kyle asks.

I say no, but my gut tells me to tell him everything.

"Okay, well, do you need money?" he asks.

"No, it's fine, I have some,"

"Okay, well, if you don't have anything holding you back, you should leave."

"But I want to see Johnny, I need to ask him lots of things,"

"Okay, I tell him to come over,"

"Okay, thanks."

....

Johnny comes by and is worried about my decisions. "Why do you seem to be afraid of Richard lately?"

"Johnny, I can't explain it but I just need to stay away from him, and you should too. Why are you still working with him?"

"I just need to stay a bit longer Alex, I am almost done,"

"With that?" I ask.

"Things,"

I throw my hands in the air in frustration. I want him to go with me. I don't want him to stay. "Fine!"

"Don't get upset," he says. He grabs me and hold me tight. "You are my sister and I am taking care of you in a way by staying here."

"Okay," I whisper, "I just want peace."

"Me too."

NEXT DAY:

I am packing my stuff to go to California. Kyle found an aparment for me and the baby. He says he will move there in a month with Melissa. Ian knows about me moving but hasn't contact me.
Kyle has told him that Richard thinks he is the father. Kyle thinks it is a bit easier this way and for Ian to have some time to see what is going on with Richard without raising suspicion. Ian does seem not to love me anymore so it won't attract attention from Richard.

"Okay," Melissa comes in the room with Christian. "I already feed him and burped him. He is getting sleepy, so you will have a good ride to Cali."

"Thanks," I smile, "I appreciate that you are still around."

"No problem," she puts the baby in the car seat. "Now, you got everything?"

I nod. "Let's go."

We go to the car and put everything in its place. Suddenly a Mercedes stops in front and I see Richard getting out. I stay frozen.