Chapter 42: The Final Result

Days later:

"I am calling to inform you about Richard's capture," Johnny says. He sounds so professional.

"Thank god!" I say. I feel so relieved. It is going to be over already. All this madness is going to disappear.

"We will be going back tomorrow," Johnny says. "You okay?"

"Yeah," I chuckle, "I feel so good now."

"I told you I was going to make it up," he says.

"I trust you."

I hang up and call Mom and tell her everything. She is happy his son is coming home and that everything will be fine.

I go to Christian's room and get him out of the crib. I hold him tight, "You are safe now."

IAN POV:

"She is bi-polar," Dr. Mack says. I am looking at him in shock. "What?"

He nods, his brown big lips frown, "Cassy is not stable, especially after giving birth, she is bi-polar,"

Oh man, this is serious.

"So, what can I do?" I ask.

"Well, we will give her the proper medication and therapy, she seems not to know about her situation, so it's proper to actually explain to her what the disorder is and answer all her concerns," Dr. Mack says.

I nod, "Okay. Then how about we come on Friday?"

"Sure, I will tell my assistant to set up an appointment, for now just try not to alarm her or make her upset, sometimes we don't know what people in her condition can do."

I shake his hand and walk out. I drive to my house and see Cassy cooking. "Hey," I say.

"Oh sweetie," she walks towards me, "your dad got arrested. They found him."

"Really?" I ask.

She nods, "Kyle called me a while ago."

Oh man, that's great, he won't harm anyone or himself anymore. "do you know if he is already in jail?"

She shrugs, "No."

"Well, at least he is okay," I say.

"Anything I can do?" she asks.

"No, it's fine, I'm going to see our baby," I nod. I go to see Juliet. She is happily laying on her crib watching the little butterflies hanging from the bed toy.

I pick her up and sit on the wooden rocking chair. She is looking at me with those pretty eyes.

"Hey baby girl," I whisper to her. "everything seem to be fine. Hopefully your mom will do better."

"Ian," Cassy knocks on the door, "I-I need to say something."

"What?"

"I am bi-polar," she says. "I didn't want you to know because you are going to think I'm crazy. But I am not!"

"Ssh," I say, "I know."

"What?"

"I talked to a local doctor, he says you have symptoms of that disorder."

"So you went behind my back?" she asks.

"Relax, I was just curious. You have been acting weird lately."

"but are you going to leave me?"

I stand, "Cassy what does that have to-"

"You are!" she starts to cry "you are! You are going after Alex and your son!"'